Thirty one

It had now been a week since your arm was branded with nothing but evil, you spent the days in bed. The lights remained off while the covers stretched over your head, trapping out the world. You ate only when you had to and spent the rest of the time pondering what would of been if your mother just gave in.

Every now and then the family owl would peck at the window that supplied the sunlight to your room, you presumabed the letters were from draco as he barely let you leave the other night.

You ignored it all, you didn't have the energy or the mindset to reply to people right now.

It wasn't until the first day back at hogwarts you finally saw how broken and bruised draco looked, from afar people would see the boy you fell in love with, the tight lips that always frowned, his blonde hair falling over his grey eyes. 

But you, you noticed the dark bags that invaded his perfect face, the finger nails he had bitten till they bleed and the bloodshot eyes that told the world he was anything but okay.

You didn't look much better. From the lack of sunlight your skin had grown paler just like malfoy, your hair was a mess as you didn't have the energy to try. Your robes tangled around your body, making it look like you got dressed in the dark, which you did.

Draco spotted you first, his soft gaze catching the corner of your eyes as you handed the luggage over towards a worker on the platform.

His feet moving faster than anything you'd seen before as he finally reached you. Malfoy wrapped his arms around your body, picking you up off the floor in a tight hug.

"Draco I can't breathe." You giggled as he finally returned your feet back to the platform. You let your hand slowly travel to his cheek as he pushed his head into the palm of your hand letting you stroke it gently. Your finger wondered around his dark circles as he smiled down at you.

"You look like shit.." You whispered playfully.

"You don't look much better yourself y/l/n" He smiled.

"Oh last names again. okay malfoy." Pulling away from draco you stood observing his face as he tried to come up with something to say.

"Sorry y/n I'm still getting use to this whole name thing." He said calmly. You punched him in the arm slightly harder than usual giggling as he whinced.

"Im joking dee. Chill out."

"Chill out? You didn't reply to me for a week y/n. I thought you might of. I don't know."

"Died?" You asked nervously.

"Yeah." He nodded slowly.

"Oh draco." You quickly took him in for another hug, hoping he didn't break down infront of all these parents.

The tension was quickly broken by Potter and his friends approaching from behind draco, you watched them carefully over malfoys shoulder.

"Good to see you, y/n." Harry smiled brightly. As he finally stood infront of you and draco, you pulled malfoy behind you, his hand slipping into yours as you stood slightly infront of draco.

"Good to see you too Potter." You smiled back sweetly. Ron's eyes travelled from you to draco and back again as he questioned whether to say anything.

"So. You two are finally official?" He asked after an awkward amount of time. His eyes glued on your soft shaky hand tightly wrapped around dracos. His ring digging into yours.

"Yes. What's it to do with you weasly?" Malfoy spat. You turned your head up at him suprised by his outburst. Ron stepped back as draco began to drag you up onto the train, your feet stumbling up the steep step.

"slow down." You called, tugging on his arm gently. You quickly turned your head back to the trio who watched amused. You gave them a sweet smile before being dragged out of eye sight by draco.

You watched breathless from the running as draco slid into a booth pulling you in with him.

"Well what the fuck was that?" You asked turning you body to face him.

"They had no right to judge you like that y/n." He huffed, brushing his hand through his hair.

"Draco what the hell? They weren't judging me."

"Yes they were. I could see it on their faces. As soon as they saw us holding hands their faces dropped." You studied the boy that sat flustered infront of you. It was like you could hear his heart beat racing.

You quickly cupped dracos face pulling it closer to yours, you let your fingers stroke his red cheeks softly before speaking.

"Draco. They don't know. They have no idea about us. There's no way they do. Okay?" You whispered to him, you bit your lip waiting for his response. You felt his shoulders relax a little as he probably realised you were right.

"If you keep biting that lip. Ill have to do something about it." He whispered through a smirk. You sighed, he could never be serious but you were glad he was less angry. You felt the train begin to start up as draco removed your hands from his face, he quickly grabbed yours instead. His thumb pulling your lip out from behind your teeth. You smiled shyly.

"What are you going to do? Huh?" You teased as you smiled sweetly into his hand, his thumb still hovering over your lips.

He quickly pulled you even closer. His lips invading yours as you both gasped for air. You felt the familiar feeling of love rush through you as dracos hands travelled across your body.

He really was everything you ever needed.

The two of you quickly pulled away from one another when you heard a few people sit down opposite, ruining the mood. You heard draco chuckle at the idea of being caught.

--------
AN

This chapter is shorter than usual because I've been busy :)

Sorry if it's a bit pathetic and not your cup of tea
But I wanted to give you all something to read while I come up with bigger plot ideas :)

I love all your support
Rb