Seven

It has been a while since the whole cupboard situation. Harry and cedric had completed the first challenge amazingly. However you now had the problem of the yule ball. The dance that everyone seemed to have a date for but you.

At one point you considered asking cedric, but you knew he'd already asked cho. So instead you pestered him to help you find a date. Each day he'd suggest new names. At one point he even helped you learn the dance just in case.

"So still no one?" He laughed pushing you a little. You stumbled down the hill before regaining you balance.

"No." You said grabbing his arm to steady yourself a little more.

"Well I can see why. How is anyone gonna dance with you if you can't stay on two feet?" He chuckled. You glared at him as you walked through the castle.

"I don't understand dances. Such a big deal for what?"

"ooo you're so quirky." You couldn't help but smile at his comment. "Mousy I think someone's staring at you." Cedric whispered. Your eyes shot up as you saw draco, leaning against the wall outside the great hall. It was dinner time and for once you were actually hungry.

"Go on ahead. I'll catch up with you later." You said to cedric before hugging him goodbye. He knew the situation between you and malfoy as you explained it once to him, when you both went to practise quidditch. He was good at keeping secrets and he didn't judge you like the others.

"Malfoy." You nodded. Trying to walk past him but he grabbed your wrist before you could, pulling you over to the wall. He stood infront of you, trapping you.

"princess." He smirked.

"How can I help you today, dee?" You said sarcastically, with big puppy eyes.

"Hmm. Nothing really. Just wanted to know how your man hunt was going?" He said, winking.

"Man hunt. What ever are you talking about?"

"For the yule ball idiot."

"I have no date because I'm not going."

"You're not going? What about cedric he seems pretty into you?"

"Like you said before he's too busy eating chos face. And he's a friend not a love intrest." You replied calmly. You quickly ducked under dracos arm freeing yourself.

"Now dee. If you do not mind I have a feast to eat." He smiled at you before bowing, letting you through.

"After you my lady." He laughed.

"Thank you my servant." You ran before he could say anything else. You sat in between Fred and George as they insisted on it.

"So y/n." Fred began.

"Yes y/l/n." George continued.

"Did we hear correctly." Fred again.

"That you're not going to the dance tomorrow?" George laughed.

"Yes boys that's correct."

"And whys that?" They said in unison.

"I don't feel like going alone." You added.

"We'll take you?" The twins said in return.

"No no you take each other." You winked.

"That's disgusting y/n" Ron spat. His mouth full of food.

"Just good humour Ron. Isn't that right Fred?" George laughed patting you on the back.

"Yeah George just good humour." Fred replied.