Six

The time had come for the first challenge in the tri wizard championship. Even tho harrys name was pulled out, you weren't exactly worried. He'd faced worse. Cedric however, you worried alot. He was brave, strong and powerful but your heart ached whenever anyone mentioned the idea of death.

"Oi!" A voice shouted. "Y/l/n!" They shouted again. You spun around to see draco striding down the hallway.

"What malfoy?" You snapped back. Your mind raced with thoughts. You should be supporting cedric with challenge right now, Helping him get ready, not arguing with draco.

"Nice to see you too." He laughed.

"Draco, seriously what?" You quizzed.

"How did he do it?" He asked.

"Do what?"

"Potter. How'd he get his name in the cup?"  Draco tilted his head a little.

"God I don't know draco. Why don't you go ask him!" You shouted turning away. You felt an arm grip yours spinning you back to face malfoy.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his face softening.

"Yeah"

"God you're an awful liar Princess" you laughed a little before dropping your head. Draco still hadn't removed his arm from yours.

"Fine. I'm worried about cedric." You sighed finally

"Cedric? Not harry?" He chuckled. You nodded."He'll be fine. He's a smart boy." Draco lifted your head up a little. "He's not going to die y/l/n. Not everyone is going to die on you." Draco sighed catching on to your emotions.

"I know. But this whole 'what if someone dies' talk is just so draining." You watched draco slowly step closer to you. He went in for a hug but pulled away before he touched you. Instead he simply grabbed your hand squeezing it.

"I saw cedric out side actually. You should talk to him" malfoy said before releasing you. "If you don't mind I have a ginger weirdo and a four eyes idiot to make fun of. " Draco smirked as you laughed. He walked off outside before you shortly followed.

As you made your way outside you saw cedric laying down. He was surrounded by hufflepuffs. You strolled over as one offered a badge to you. You couldn't help but laugh, you knew it was making fun of harry but it was just too funny. You bent over cry a little from laughter as cedric sat up on the bench, making room for you. You sat down panting a little, out of breath from laughing.

Cedric eyes scanned you as you pinned the badge to your robes.

"I told them not to wear them." He said. You just smiled brightly up at him. You saw malfoy across the courtyard. He was sat up in a tree staring at you.

"They're funny." You added shoving him a little.

"They're mean." He replied coldly.

"Lighten up dric. It's just a badge." You stopped laughing now. Your face fell serious.

"What's up?" Cedric asked. He turned to face you. You hated how he could always Read your emotions. He was very friendly your first year, he is older so he had experience and would show you around. He was actually the one who convinced you to try out for quidditch.

"Nothing." You replied, fake smiling. You eyes went back to malfoy who was now glaring at you. God can he hear me? You thought.

"Come on kiddo. Tell me what's wrong? Little mouse all sad" Cedric laughed. He'd always called you mousy ever since he met you, he said it was because you were so shy and petite when you first joined. You hated it because since then you'd grown up emotionally and physically but telling cedric no was like telling a puppy no. You just couldn't.

"Fine. I'm scared for you dric." You replied. You watched at he wrapped his arm around your shoulder. He pulled you in closer and you placed your head on his shoulder smiling softly. He then placed his head on yours.

"It's okay. I'll be okay. And once I get that trophy, we are going to drink all night long." You laughed a little. Cedric drunk, now that was a thought. You felt cedric pull away from you as malfoy began to make fun of harry.

"Thanks by the way" you whispered up to him. He nodded before standing up, hugging you once more and then leaving to talk to harry.

You also left the courtyard. It was time to go have a nap. All this stress was making you tired. As you walked the busy hallways you heart footsteps behind you. Malfoy.

"Hey." You said as he slowly approached. He stood a few steps behind you.

"Hello." He replied. Anyone who walked past wouldn't of guessed you two were having a conversation. The way you did it was smart. Sneaky.

"how'd it go?" He asked.

"You saw for yourself." You said softly.

"What?" Draco asked.

"You heard me." You replied.

"No I really didn't." And just like that you felt him grab the back of your robes and push you into a small cupboard. It was full of cleaning materials. You stood inches away from draco. His hands on your shoulders as there was so little room. You could barely breath. Tight spaces wasn't your favourite thing.

"So as I was saying. How'd it go?" He asked.

"Why do you care all of a sudden?" You asked.

"I'm guessing it went well,if you're back to insulting me"

"I can insult you in my sleep, you idiot."

"Go on then." He replied laughing. You quickly placed your hand over dracos mouth as you heard someone approach the cupboard. After a while you removed it slowly.

"Sorry" you whispered.

"No it's fine. That was kinda hot." You punched malfoy and he screamed a little. Such a drama Queen.

"Cedric was cedric. Confident and reassuring as usual." You finally replied.

"I saw he hugged you"

"you jealous."

"What! No! Mousy"

"No. No one calls me that but him okay?" You waited for draco to nod as you pointed you wand at his neck.

"Alright alright you Lunatic. I was joking." His face was full of fear.

"Good" you lowered your wand. "Now what?" You said finally.

"We wait"

"for what?"

"For class to start?"

"Why dee?"

"So no one sees us leave a small cupboard all sweaty and messy together. Do you want people to think you're sleeping with me, Princess?" Draco laughed

"God no" you said pretending to gag.

"Alright alright I get the hint." He frowned

"you love me really." You laughed. Draco just smiled back at you.

After a while once class started you left the cupboard. Draco let you leave first as you kept stepping on his toes. As you walked out harry bumped into you. You quickly shut the door behind you, blocking draco from leaving.

"Y/n? Shouldn't you be down with cedric?" He asked.

"No? Why would you say that?" You asked. Crap you said you'd do his homework so he could train. "Shit yeah I just remembered. Thank you harry!" You said kissing his cheek gently before running off.

"WAIT WHY WERE YOU IN A CUPBOARD!?" Harry yelled chasing after you.