Chapter 6: 2 years ago

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Guys, let's go back? It's almost evening" Jordi said, interrupting my thoughts.

We all agreed that we should walk back. None of us was looking forward to the long walk back, but we had to. I was really tired and my feet felt like heavy stones.

"That was one long hug," Neymar said, walking next to me.

"I think he fell asleep while hugging" I sighed.

"But you did enjoy it, didn't you?" he asked.

"Yes, but I don't know," I said.

"Cheer up will you? It's at least one step closer to him" Neymar said.

"I'm too exhausted to even walk, let alone be cheerful" I groaned.

Neymar hooked his arm around my neck and said, "I'll make sure you don't fall flat on your head due to exhaustion."

He made me smile and I was glad he was here with me.

"Thanks," I said.

"For?" he asked.

"For helping me out and for just being there," I said.

"And for making you wet?" he winked.

"Don't make me angry again" I groaned.

We finally reached our cars and everyone was really exhausted. Adrian didn't look like he was able to drive, however.

"You drive Olive," he said, handing me the keys.

I groaned, not looking forward to it. I had my driver's license, but I preferred public transport or walking.

"How about I drive you guys back? We'll pick up the car tomorrow?" Neymar suggested.

"Yes!" I yelled.

Neymar drove us home. He turned on the radio and we ended up singing out loud to some random songs. We couldn't sing well one bit, but we didn't care.

"Bro come on in," Adrian said when he parked in front of our house.

We walked inside together.

"Right on time, I just finished making dinner," our mother said, coming out of the kitchen.

"Yes!" Adrian yelled and ran to the kitchen.

"Neymar! What a surprise! It's been ages...nice to see you again" my mother said, hugging him.

Wait, how the hell does she know Neymar?

"Hello Mrs. Mendez," he said, hugging her back.

"Stay for dinner dear," she said.

"Alright, thank you, Mrs. Mendez," he said.

"Get another plate for him will you Olive?" my mother asked.

I walked to the kitchen, kind of confused. I got a plate and placed it on the dining table. My father joined us a little later and we all ate together. My father seemed to know Neymar too and they chatted away about football and Neymar's career. After dinner, I helped my mother clear the table. I went to my room and heard Neymar and my brother talk in his room. I took a quick shower and changed into my pajamas. I lay in bed, with a towel wrapped around my wet hair. I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I said.

Neymar entered my room and closed the door behind him.

"Hey" he smiled.

"Hey," I said.

"Nice room," he said, looking around.

I had a lot of my pictures on my walls.

"Thanks, I just put some of my amateur pictures on the wall," I said, getting up from the bed.

"They look professional," he said, looking at the different pictures.

"Thanks, I hope to be a professional someday," I said, standing next to him.

"You surely will be" he smiled, looking me in the eyes.

"You got the eyes for it" he added, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Ehm...thanks" I mumbled.

He removed the towel from my hair and ran his fingers through my hair. He looked me in the eyes and I felt slightly embarrassed somehow.

"Good night Olive," he said, softly and pressed a kiss on my cheek, making my skin tingle.

"Good night Mr. Lupo" I chuckled.

"Déjà vu" I suddenly gasped.

"Déjà vu?" he asked confused.

"Yes, don't you know what it means?" I asked.

"No?" he said.

"The feeling like you have experienced it before," I said.

"It's because you have," he said, softly.

I turned around and looked at him with a frown. Neymar looked puzzled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Are you trying to forget or don't you remember for real?" he asked.

"About what?" I asked.

"The party, 2 years ago," he said, looking out of my window.

"What party?" I asked, confused.

"I guess you really don't remember then" he sighed.

I was more confused than ever but also curious to find out what he was talking about.

"Neymar what do you mean? Please explain" I asked.

"Forget it, it's nothing. I'll go now, good night" he said.

"Neymar, tell me!" I demanded.

"Don't worry about it, really. It's nothing" he said.

"See you around" he added and went out of my room, leaving me in total confusion.

I stood there in my room, looking kind of lost. I looked out of the window and I saw his car driving away a minute later. I knocked on Adrian's door.

"Yes?" he said.

"Adrian, where do you know Neymar from?" I asked.

"Why are you asking that now? He is a friend of Jordi and Piqué" he said.

"Have you known him for long?" I questioned.

"Uh...I have known him for 2-3 years, but we don't hang out a lot since he usually spends his summer holidays in Brazil" Adrian said.

"Why are you asking all this?" Adrian frowned.

"Because I think I met him 2 years ago at some party, but I totally forgot?" I said, hoping that Adrian would know something.

"Yeah, you met him before. It was at a party we went to together" he said.

"Thank God Neymar was there" he added.

"How come our parents know him?" I frowned.

"Because he dropped us that day. We were in a 'bad shape' and poor Neymar got us home safely" he laughed.

"He apparently had to carry you" he chuckled.

"I don't remember anything!" I exclaimed.

"You were wasted, sis! You and alcohol are a bad combination" he laughed.

Please vote & comment :)