Chapter 21

*Great Hall* *Third Person P.O.V*
It is a large hall with four long wooden hall tables for each houses.
There are a lot of students sitting at the four tables, from second year to seventh year.
The ceiling is covered with floating candles as there are small windows around the side of the hall.
At the front of the hall is the staff table, known as the High Table with a large window behind it.
It is designed to house the entire Hogwarts staff as in the center is a throne chair, Albus Dumbledore is sitting down in.
Professor McGonagall walks down the hall with the first year students behind her in a line of two.
The other students and staff are watching them all as Emily is looking at the ceiling.
"Is that real?" Emily questioned, seeing the night sky with floating candles.
"It's not real" Melinda answered.
"How do you know?" Emily questioned.
"It's bewitched, it look like the night sky" Alex explained.
"I didn't know magic can that" Emily admitted.
"If you want to know more it's all in Hogwarts: A History" Alex told Emily.
She then notices Annabelle Selwyn sitting among the staff at the long table.
"Did you know that I already knew two of the staff members already" Emily stated.
"Really?" Melinda asks her and she nodded.
"Which two?" Alex questioned.
"Hagrid and Annabelle Selwyn" Emily told the two and they became shock plus surprise.
"Wait a minute. Did you say Annabelle Selwyn, right?" Alex checked.
"Yes I did. Why? Is there something wrong with what I said?" Emily questioned.
"You don't know?" Alex asks her and Emily looked at him, confuse.
"Annabelle Selwyn is a well known auror at the Ministry. She's a professor here, teaching History of Magic. Also use to teach Defense the Dark Art and Care of Magical Creature" Alex explained to Emily.
"Really?" Emily asked and Alex nod his head.
"Did you know that she's very famous?" Melinda said to Emily.
"No, I didn't know" Emily admitted as the first year students made it to the front.
"Now, before we begin. Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words" Professor McGonagall told them all.
Dumbledore rises up from the throne chair, "I have a few starts of term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students" Dumbledore said.
"Wonder what in the Forbidden Forest?" Melinda questioned in a whisper.
"Something bad if they not letting students go there" Emily whispered back.
"Whatever it is, we are not allow to go there" Alex whispered to Emily and Melinda.
"Also our caretaker, Mr Filch has asked me to remind you of something" Dumbledore stated as gestured to the caretaker, standing with his cat at his feet.
"The third floor corridor is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death" Dumbledore explained to the students.
"Thank you" Dumbledore said and sat down on the throne chair.

Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.