Chapter 51

*Room* *Night*
*Emily P.O.V*
I am sitting in front of the mirror, staring at it until..."Back again, Emily?"
I immediately got up and quickly turned around, seeing Professor Dumbledore standing there.
"Professor" I greeted.
"I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised" Dumbledore said.
"The Mirror of Erised?" I repeated.

"I trust by now, you realize what it does" Dumbledore said, but I shook my head.
"Let me, give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is" Dumbledore said.
"I think I know what the mirror does. It shows us what we want, whatever we want" I answered him and he nodded.
"Yes...and no" Dumbledore said.
"What do you mean, Professor?" I asked.
"It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. But remember this, Emily. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth.
Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, Emily, and forget to live.."