Chapter Twenty-Eight

"I told Eddie I'd finish watching the Avengers with him. But now he's missing." I said as my hands trembled. Barry put his hand on my shoulder as he tried to comfort me as walked into the bank.

I gave him a sad smile as Captain Singh walked up to us. "Where is Thawne?" He asked as I froze in place, looking at Barry.

"Um. . . He took some time off. Family issues." I said as Singh furrowed his brows before waving his hand, not wanting to deal with it at the moment.

"You got anything on these gold store robbies?" Singh asked. "Perps hit up two more in the last week, and we still got nothing." He continued as I groaned quietly.

"We're working on it."  I answered.

"Just waiting on some final results from the lab." Barry finished for me as I nodded. Singh put his hands on his hips.

"All right, well, pick up the pace. And see if somebody can contact The Flash. Maybe he can help speed things up." Singh said as Barry and I smirked, causing the Captain to roll his eyes. "You know what I mean."

Barry and I walked over to Joe, who looked nervous. "Anything?" He asked as I looked down in disappointment, shaking my head.

"Haven't heard from Wells or Eddie in almost a week." I said, my voice quiet and cracking.

"Keep looking." Joe ordered as Barry and I nodded.

☀︎︎

Iris needed to talk to Barry alone in the lab, so I ended up walking to S.T.A.R. Labs, where Cisco and Caitlin stood around in silence.

Barry walked in after a while, Cisco working on several cameras Wells had hidden around central city where we all visited frequently.

"You planning on keeping all those cameras Wells used to spy on us?" Barry asked as Cisco scoffed.

"That's kinda creepy, Costco." I said as Cisco turned to frown at me.

"Costco?" He said as I nodded.

"My phone is always autocorrecting your name to Costco, might as well use it once in a while in the real world." I answered as Cisco rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, rule number one of mechanical engineering, dude. Never waste good tech." Cisco said as I snapped my fingers.

"And that's on recycling." I said with a grin as Barry frowned at me. Clearly he wasn't in the mood for jokes.

"Central City Gold Reserve's under attack." I said as Barry once again frowned.

"That's the case Singh wants us to work on." He said as I nodded, waving my hand frantically to tell him to pick up the pace and go.

"Be care-" Barry was already gone before I could finish my sentence. "Ful."

"You picked the wrong day for this pal." I heard Barry say before there was a high-frequency noise.

And unlike Cisco and Caitlin who were unaffected by the noise, it felt like ever nerve in my body was exploding as I yelled in pain, falling off my chair.

"Cora!" Caitlin yelped as I felt tears sting my eyes, curling into a ball as I pressed my hands to my ears. My heart was racing as my mind showed me visions of memories that weren't mine.

All I could feel was fear.

"Turn it off! Turn off the comms!" I screamed as Cisco slammed the button, shutting the comms off.

Instantly I felt relief, my chest heaving up and down as I gasped for the air that I had been holding in. There was a rush of wind, Barry now in the middle of the Cortex.