Chapter Twenty-Six

We are going to change a few things/time things here. Mainly Marvel movies (the date they were released bare with me here)

8:26 am

"Barry I told you, Eddie and I don't need to have 'bonding time' just because he's Iris's boyfriend." I said as Barry rolled his eyes, dragging me into the West house.

"It's not gonna kill you, Cora." Barry said. Even though he knew about me and Eddies future, he still wasn't afraid because he knew we would be together.

Barry shoved me into the living room, a scoff escaping my throat as Eddie walked out awkwardly from the kitchen.

"Eddie, hey. Listen, me and Joe are gonna head to S.T.A.R. Labs and get some more details on Wells, we probably won't be back for a while." Barry said as I talked at him, oppibg down on the couch.

"Oh yeah. That's uh. That's fine. Guess I'll just sit here and wait for Iris with Cora." Eddie said as I gave him an awkward smile.

In an instant, Barry was gone. And as I am known to not like to have a silence fill the room, I quickly spoke first. "So, how about a movie?"

"Sure. Anything new out yet?" Eddie asked as he sat down a little far away.

"Avengers Endgame was just released." I said with a gleam in my eyes as Eddue frowned.

"Avengers? Never seen any of the movies." At this, my mouth dropped to the floor.

"Oh. My. God. That's it we are watching all four movies. You better get comfortable, Eddie because the next 10 hours are going to be the best of your life." I said as Eddie gave me a nervous look as I stood up, quickly setting up the first avengers movie.

☀︎︎

8 hours later...

"Peter no!" Eddie said through a cry as I forced back my tears, holding a tissue in my hand as we watched Peter fall into Tony's arms before he was snapped away.

"He's just a kid..." Eddie said as he sniffed, wiping away his tears as the door swung open, revealing Iris.

"Hey gu-"

"SHHHH!" Eddie said, putting a finger to his lips as he shot a look at Iris, who's mouth quickly shut.

"O...Kay.." Iris muttered as Eddie went back to crying.

"Thanos just sucks." Eddie said as I wiped my eyes, nodding as the credits started to roll. "Next one! Endgame!" Eddie said as I stifled a laugh, shaking my head.

"Sorry Eddie. We will have to hold off until tomorrow. I'm beat and Barry needed me at the lab 20 minutes ago." I said as Eddie frowned.

"Well. I have to say it was fun watching g these movies with you. Don't cancel on me tomorrow." Eddie said as I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Wouldn't miss it." I waved goodbye to the couple as I quickly grabbed my coat, trying to run as fast as I could to S.T.A.R. Labs.

In all honesty, I wish I had stayed home and watched it with Eddie.

☀︎︎

"B-Barry... H-hey.." I said through gasps of air as I collapsed in the middle of the Cortex, heaving for oxygen. "Why do... You have to.. live so far from here?" I asked with a cough as Barry looked down at me with worry.

"Are you okay?" Barry asked as I slowly shook my head, gulping for air.

"No. I couldn't get a taxi until I got to the city, and then they said they wouldn't drop me off here so I had to run again!"