Chapter Twenty-Four

3 weeks later

So. For the past three, very long weeks, I have:

1:) been getting poked and prodded by Caitlin as she tests me for my abilities,
2:) Discovered that Harrison Wells is not who he says he is. And
3:) found out I absolutely hate needles.

Cisco and Joe ended up ditching us for Starling City to go over the night of Tess Morgan's death, leaving me alone, with Caitlin and her toys.

"Cait please, my arms are bruising from how much you've poked me with your evil needles!" I said as Caitlin grabbed my arms to examine them.

"Your rapid healing seems to be working." She said as I protested the needles. But, as always, I lost the battle, feeling the needle stab into me.

"So. . ." I started, trying to diminish the silence. "Wheres Barry?"

"Guy is selling stolen diamonds. He should be back shortly." Caitlin answered blatantly as I nodded.

"Eddie is okay with all of this. . . Right? He doesn't want to arrest Barry anymore?" I said, nearly forgetting that Barry told Eddie he was the flash.

"Nope. He's all good with it." Airlines answered as she pulled the needle out, sticking gauze and a bandaid on, although it was unnecessary.

"Well, maybe later we can go out for coffee? We never really got the chance to really get to know one another." I said as Caitlin looked at me before I saw her smile.

"I'd like that, Cora." She said as I smiled, getting up as Barry ran in.

"Well we got a new meta. A shape-shifter." Barry said as Caitlin and I frowned.

"A shape-shifter? Like a werewolf?" I asked as Barry shook his head.

" I literally saw a grown man, like. . . morph into a teenage girl." Barry said as I frowned.

"That's fascinating." Dr. Wells said, startling is all. "Today's physicists have always regarded programmable matter as nothing more than a theory but I guess your shape-shifter proves it can be done." He continued as I pressed my lips together.

"So. . . This shape shifter, can just morph into anyone he touches?" I asked as Barry shrugged, nodding. "That's bad news. What if you two come in contact while you're the Flash? He can. . . Reveal your identity to the world or-or use your speed for bad and possibly kill you or-"

"Cora. It will be fine." Barry said as he tried to reassure me.

"Miss Agápi is right. If you're touched
while you're the Flash and he transforms... we run the risk of him exposing that Barry Allen is the man behind the mask." Dr. Wells said as I sighed through my nose.

"All right. Got it. Hands of the meta-human." Barry said as he raised his hands in surrender.

"So. . . How are we supposed to find someone who can literally change their appearance in a matter of seconds?" I asked.

"We start from the beginning." Harrison suggested as Barry nodded.

"Find the first person the shape-shifter morphed into... when they discovered their powers.vPull up the C.C.P.D. records of cases... where the perpetrator plead innocent when they were on camera... committing the crime." Barry said as Wells smirked.

"You're good Barry Allen." He said before Barry gestured for me to follow him.

"I can go with you to the first scene. Then after that I'm not sure what I'll be able to do." I said as Barry nodded.

☀︎︎

I knocked gently on the front door of a tiny house, where an old woman quickly answered the door, a warm and welcoming smile on her face.