Chapter Nine

Barry and I sat down in his.. our.. lab as Joe came in, an annoyed expression crossing Barry's face.

"Come to yell at me again?" Barry said as I gave Joe a worried look.

"Simon Stagg's head of security was murdered last night. The coroner took some skin samples. Hopefully they belong to the killer. See if you two can find a match." Joe said as he handed me an evidence bag.

"It Can't be a coincidence Stagg's benefit was attacked. And then his head of security is murdered. Someone really has a grudge against this guy." I said with a snicker as Joe and Barry gave me a 'wtf' look.

"Sorry. Not the time to make jokes."

"I'm going to interview Stagg now." Joe said, turning to leave.

"We'll come with you." Barry suggested.

"Your job is in here. Stay in here and do it." Joe ordered before leaving as Iris walked in.

She quickly gave us a bothered look, one where I in turn gave Barry a confused look.

"Why is my dad mad at you two?" She asked coldly.

Perfect time to come up with a really rude remark.

"Work stuff." Barry lied as I frowned. Maybe another time. "Why are you mad at us?" He asked.

"You two were supposed to meet me at Jitters to give me scientific background for my article." Iris said as I made an 'o' with my mouth.

"And we didn't show up." Barry said as Iris gave us a thin lipped face.

"I have to come up with a new topic in 24 hours or I fail the assignment." Iris said as Barry sighed.

"Iris-"

"Don't say that you're sorry, I know. What I don't know is what is going on with you." Iris said. I turned away to give her an eye roll. "We grew up one bedroom down from each other. Do you honestly think that I don't know when you're happy... or sad, or depressed, or lost? I'm gonna ask you one last time, Barry, and you better be honest with me. What the hell is going on with you?"

Barry had shifted positions. He just used his flash time power move thing.

Well now I'm going to be asking him some questions. Specifically what he told Iris but didn't actually tell Iris.

"Iris I- really hate to interrupt you two, but Barry." I tapped Barry's arm, which may I say is... quite muscular for a twig like him, pointing to the screen.

"We aren't done talking about this." Iris said as she nodded goodbye, walking away.

"So... you and Iris... fondue?" I said, nudging Barry's arm as his eyes widened, looking at me before he frowned.

"Did you just reference Marvel?" He asked as I smiled, nodding.

"Damn right I did. Now answer the question." I said as Barry sighed, shaking his head.

"I use to have a thing for her a while back but..." I noticed a blush cross Barry's cheeks. "Now I have a thing for someone else."

"Ah. Throw Eddie under the bus why don't cha." I joked as Barry chuckled.

۞

"These skin cells belong to the murderer. But... these are naive." Barry said as I crossed my arms, raising a brow as we stood in S.T.A.R. Labs, Cisco by my side as he handed me a string of licorice.

"Stem cells. They can replicate and become any cell the body needs. They only come from babies." Cisco said as I raised both brows now.

"So you're saying that this murdering physco is what... a fetus?" I said as Cisco snorted.