Chapter Six

"Barry there's a fire on Western and Third, downtown Central City!" I yelled through the comms and rolled into my chair next to Cisco.

"On my way!" Barry yelled through the coms. Cisco propped his legs up on the arm of my chair as I went to type something in, my head slowly turning to look at his feet before my eyes met him.

"Feet off." I grabbed his shoes, swinging them off the chair. "My chair." I dropped his feet, which slapped onto the ground as he frowned at me, biting into a fry.

"Did you get any Big Belly Burger for me?" I said with puppy eyes as Cisco sighed, nodding as I turned to the red dot on the screen, which zoomed to downtown Central City as Cisco handed me a large fry.

"Barry? People are going to die if you don't speed up!" I said as I inhaled a fry, coughing before hitting my chest. Cisco's eyes widened, going to slowly take a fry from me after he finished his.

I noticed his hand creeping closer, which I grabbed in an instant, my eyes, which started to water, locking into his fearful ones.

"Touch my fries and I'll deep fry your fingers. And eat them." I said with a glare as Cisco gave me a terrified laugh, snatched his wrist out of my grip as we turned to see Barry stop six blocks from the destination.

"Did I miss it?" Barry said as me and Cisco nodded.

"By about six blocks." Me and Cisco said together as we heard Barry sigh.

"Well don't just stand there, you dork, get a move on!" I yelled as nicely as possible, shoving a few fries down my throat.

"You there yet?" Cisco asked, seeming somewhat impatient.

"What are you two doing?" I aggressively flinched, sending a few fries out of their packaging, a frustrated groan escaping my lips.

"Man my fries!" I cried as Caitlin raised a brow to me and Cisco.

"Um. Nothing." Cisco answered, setting his lemonade down.

"Who are you talking to?" Caitlin asked as me and Cisco gave each wary looks.

"No one." We said together as Caitlin snorted quietly.

"Are you guys talking to Barry?" She asked.

"Barry? Whose Barry? I don't remember knowing a Barry. I think I'd remember a name like Bartholomew." I said as Cisco nodded.

"Yeah because that name is totally-"

"Cora, Cisco ! There's fire everywhere!" Barry yelled through the comms as I squinted my eyes, hitting the arm of my chair as I slowly turned around.

"Cora?" Barry said as the crackling of Fire was heard. "Cisco you guys there?"

There was a whole lot of wind before Barry spoke again. "Guys, everyone's out. What's next for me?" Barry asked, a hint of a smile in his voice.

Caitlin pushed her way between me and Cisco, who gave her a defeated look. "Barry. It's Caitlin."

"...Heeeeeey Caitlin... H-How's your day?" Barry said, his voice cracking into a high pitch for a moment. Caitlin presses her lips together in a forced smile, her nose upturning.

"Get back to star labs. Now." Caitlin said, a hint of force in her voice that had scared me for a moment.

"I'd listen to her Barry, Caitlin looks like she might kill us and I'm not ready to die yet. I haven't finished my fries." I said as there was a chuckle through the comms.

"On my way." Barry said, and in a few seconds, he was sniffing into the middle of the cortex, more of my fries flying out of their packaging.

"Oh come on!" I said, slamming my now cold fries on the table. "Can't even eat my fries without someone scaring me or zooming in." I said with a pout, leaning back in my chair and slumping as Barry gave me an apologetic look.