Chapter Four

"I've been going over all the unsolved cases from the past nine months." I said, walking into the cortex, nearly ramming into the curved desk before Cisco guided me to the center as I stared at a case file. "And there's been a sharp incline in unexplained deaths and missing people. Do you think that it could be the meta-humans?" I asked as Cisco looked at Caitlin, who shrugged. Barry walked in, stopping at the desk to look at Wells.

"Your meta-humans have been busy." Barry said as I nodded. "Now, I'm not blaming you. I know you didn't mean for any of this to happen. I know you all lost something." Barry said, looking at Cisco, Caitlin, and Wells.

"Well. Except for me." I said before shutting my mouth as everyone looked at me. "Sorry. Continue, Barry."

"But I need your help to catch Mardon and anyone else out there like him. But I can't do it without you guys." He said as I gave him a thin lipped smile, closing the file.

"If you're gonna do this, me and Cora have something that could help." Cisco said as I grinned widely, following Cisco to the wall.

"We- Well Cisco, designed a suit to replace the turnouts firefighters traditionally wear. I, with my amazing sewing skills and creative mind, was the one who came up with the style." I said as I turned on a light, turning a table to show Barry a crimson suit.

"I thought if S.T.A.R Labs could do something nice for the community, maybe people wouldn't be so mad at Dr. Wells." Cisco said as I gave him a nod, turning to Barry.

"Do you like it? You better like it because I am so not making you another one. I already made three and this one is my favorite, and I am not getting any more needles in my fingers." I raised my hand to show the bandages as Barry chuckled, nodding.

"No. No.. It's perfect." He said as I gave out a sigh of relief, hiding my bandaged fingers. "What's it made out of? How will it help me?"

"It's made out of reinforced tri-polymer." Cisco said as Barry frowned.

"It's heat and abrasive resistance, so it should withstand your moving at high-velocity speeds. And the aerodynamic design should help you maintain control." I explained as Cisco made a surprised happy face, pointing at me while looking at Barry.

"You hear her? She's like the female version of me." Cisco said as I held back a snort.

"Plus it has built-in censors so we can track your vitals and stay in contact with you from here." I added as Cisco frowned.

"Are you a mind reader? I feel like you are hearing my thoughts." Cisco asked as I laughed, shaking my head.

"Thanks guys. Now uh.. How do we find Mardon?" Barry asked as Cisco snapped his fingers.

"I retasked STAR labs satellite to track meteorological abnormalities over Central City." Cisco said as he walked over to the desk.

"With it, we should be able to track Mardon if he uses his meta-human side." I said as Cisco nodded.

"And we just got a ping. Atmospheric pressure dropped 20 millibars in a matter of seconds." Cisco piped in as I looked at Barry. "I've tracked it to a farm just west of the city." Barry was already gone, along with the suit.

I shut my eyes tightly from the gust of wind, spitting my hair out of my mouth. "He could have just, took the suit and waited until he was out of the cortex?" I said as Cisco laughed.

"Guys this thing is getting closer!" Barry yelled through the com set as Caitlin and I ran over to the desk.

"Wind speeds are at 200 MPH and increasing." I said as I hit the microphone. "Barry? Barry can you hear me?"