Chapter Twenty-Seven

"In Cisco's dream, Wells confessed everything." I said as I looked at Cisco's brain scan from the night before. "Maybe if we recreate the scenario. . . We could get him to confess to Nora Allen's murder, and get your dad out of prison." I continued to Barry as he tilted his head, not looking to confident in the idea.

"I don't know, Cora. That's. . . That's putting you and Cisco in danger-"

"Barry, we need to get your dad out of prison. It's. . . It's the only way." I said, cutting Barry off as I turned to Cisco, who was deep in thought.

"I don't know, Cora. Taking down bad guys, pulling confessions. I'm the cop. I'm the one that's supposed to be doing this." Joe said as I frowned.

"Look, if we're gonna get him to confess, it has to be with someone that he truly trusts, someone that he'll genuinely let his guard down with. He thinks of Cisco as a son, and Cora a daughter." Barry said as it was now Joe's turn to look unsure.

I froze, a whirring in my head as I turned to the cortex doors, a frown on my face as everyone continued talking while I slowly made myself walk out of the Cortex and outside.

"We can't be out here. It isn't safe for Caitlin." I heard a voice say, my face contorting into more confusion as I found myself exiting S.T.A.R. Labs.

Outside, I saw a man with decently long hair to the shoulders, his clothes raggedy and burnt in places.

"Sir? Are you okay?" I asked as his head snapped my way, and my eyes widened. Ronnie Raymond.

"You- You're Caitlin's fiancé." I said as he shook his head.

"No. . . I'm not. This was a mistake I shouldn't be here-" the man erupted into flames, his eyes turning white as he blasted off into the sky, leaving me dumbfounded.

"What. The. Frak." I muttered.

"Cora! Cora? What are you doing out here?" Barry said as he ran to my side, my head still tilted up at the sky.

"I- Ronnie he. . ." I trailed off as I turned to Barry, who looked just as confused as I was. "Never-mind. Guess I just needed some air." I said as Barry frowned before nodding.

"Come on. We need to get you down to the bunker. Wells should be here by 5:00." Barry said as I slowly nodded, looking up at the sky one more time before reluctantly following Barry.

☀︎︎

"All right, Cisco, Cora, you know when he gets here you need to be working on the trap so he sees you set off the hologram." Barry said as I slowly nodded.

"Hold on, isn't that, in your dream, when everything went all..."

"Kali Ma." Cisco said, cutting Joe off.

"Temple of Doom." I added with a nod. "Yeah, that definitely happened."

"I originally designed the force field to keep a speedster from getting out.But I've reversed it." Cisco said as I gave them all a wary smile.

"Now they can't get in." I said as Cisco pressed his lips together with a nod. Barry's eyes caught mine as I gave him a not-so-confident nod, mentally telling him I'd be okay.

But in all honesty, I didn't know if I would.

After Barry tested out the compartment, we all got into our positions, my hand reaching to Cisco's as I gave it a tight squeeze. "We'll be okay." I muttered as he nodded slowly.

My ears were able to pick up the short conversation between Barry and Joe consisting of Eddie and Iris getting.... Married? Oh dear.

"Sh!" I said as I heard the elevator ding. Wells was almost here.