Chapter Twenty-One

After making sure Barry wasn't really whammied anymore, me and him decided to go out for a late-night coffee break at a new coffee shop just outside Central City.

And that of course meant speed, and me.

I fought back the urge to throw up, not wanting to lose my 6 year streak of throwing up an intestine. "Warn me next time please?" I asked as Barry chuckled, apologizing before we walked inside.

After ordering a coffee and hot chocolate, Barry and I sat down on the cushioned chairs, which by the way, were very comfortable.

"So you really don't remember anything while you were whammied? I asked as Barry sighed, shaking his head. "You don't even remember dislocating my. . ." I trailed off as Barry snapped his head my direction, clearing afraid of what he did to me. I sighed, finishing my sentence. "Shoulder."

"I-I what?"

"Well. When you first got whammied, I didn't really notice it. But I could tell that something was wrong when Felicity showed up." I started, not removing my gaze from Barry's brown eyes.

"You asked Caitlin if Cisco and I were. . ." I internally gagged, but physically squirmed in my chair. "A thing. And don't get me wrong, I love Cisco, but way more as a comical duo brother." I said with a chuckle as Barry laughed awkwardly.

"And then, it really wasn't until Oliver invited me to train with you and Barry that I figured something was wrong. At first, I thought you were just angry that Oliver invited me without warning, but then you accused us of dating just because me and him talked over the phone whenever you wanted to talk with me and then. . . Well you said some things that kinda hurt, and ended up throwing my a good ten feet off my feet and dislocated my shoulder." I said as I could tell Barry was struggling to hold back a few tears.

The barista handed us our coffee and hot chocolate as we thanked her, grabbing them and walking out. "And please, don't say you're sorry because I know you are Barry. And it isn't your fault that you hurt me. I mean it kinda is but you wouldn't have done it if you weren't whammied." I said as Barry sighed, bringing me into a hug.

I smiled lightly, my heart melting at his warm embrace. "But I am sorry, Cora. I didn't mean anything I said. I didn't mean to accuse you of things I know weren't true." Barry said as I scoffed.

"Did you not hear what I just said? No apologies! Or else I'm gonna have to rename myself 'I'm sorry, Cora' from how much you apologize to me." I said as Barry chuckled.

"Want a lift back?" Barry asked as I shook my head, taking his hand in mine. I noticed the faint tint his cheeks got at the touch, making my heart once again melt.

"Let's just take a walk. And then we can go running home." (If you get that somewhat reference, good for you here's a star ☆)

☀︎︎

1 week later

I knocked on the West family home, hearing Joe's muffled "come in!" As I opened the door to see christmas decorations everywhere, a warm feeling in my body as I entered the cozy home.

"Hey, Cora!" Barry said with a smile as I waved, holding three wrapped gifts in my hands.

"Hey guys. I got gifts!" I said with a grin as Joe chuckled while hanging up an ornament.

"You know. At the rate you guys are going, you'll probably be finishing those ornaments by Valentine's Day." I said with a chuckle as Barry gave Joe a grin, a frown on Joe's face.

"Don't-" Barry spun around the Christmas tree at lighting speed, taking his seat back on the couch with a grin on his face.

Joe sighed. "The only man in a red suit I want in this house is Kris Kringle, you got that?" Barry groaned as I chuckled, watching as he put the ornaments back down while Iris came in.