Chapter Ten

"Danton Black." Cisco said as I rode a brow.

"Looks like Stagg didnt know him well enough." I said as I crossed my arms, Cisco nodding in agreement.

"A bio-geneticist. Specialized in therapeutic cloning." Caitlin Explained as I walked up to the picture of Danton Black displayed on the screen, my heeled boots clicking on the ground.

"Growing new organs to replace failing ones." Dr. Wells said as I frowned.

"Looks like Stagg stole his research then fired him." Caitlin said.

"I saw Black create duplicates from his own body." Barry said as me and Cisco snickered.

"Oh the irony." I said, slapping my hands together with a sigh and a smile. "I love irony as much as I live for sarcasm."

"The guy specialized in cloning. And now he can make Xeroxes of himself." Cisco said as I snapped my fingers.

"I'll bet that the night the particle accelerator exploded, he was experimenting on himself when the dark matter hit him." I said as Cisco smiled.

"Captain Clone." Cisco said as I made a "yes" noise, pressing my lips together as I shook my head.

"Yeah... I'll come up with something cooler." He said as I nodded, turning to Barry, who sat up and walked away.

"Woah! Barry where are you going?" I said, running up to him as he sighed.

"Joe was right. I'm in way over my head. Yeah, I'm fast but... I'm no warrior. I could barely fight one meta-human. Let alone six!" He said as I pouted.

"Barry.." I said quietly as he shook his head.

"Today was a setback But any grand enterprise has them. And we can never learn to fly without crashing a few times." Dr. Wells said as Barry once again shook his head.

"That was no grand Enterprise Dr. Wells.." he said before walking out. I groaned, following after him.

"Barry wait a damn minute! I can't walk fast in heels!" I called as he stopped. I heard the faintest chuckle escape him before he turned around, the smile gone.

"Barry. I know it was hard for you to beat Mardon and all, but you've only had your powers for what, two weeks? A week? You aren't going to start winning every battle right away. You need to learn from your mistakes and use the things you learned to fight back. Sure, Black beat your ass the first time, but he won't the second." I said with a determined look as Barry stared at me.

"What I'm trying to say is, don't be so hard on yourself. You're putting so much weight on your shoulders with trying to defeat this meta that you're tearing yourself down, and it's going to lead you to not want to be a super hero anymore all because you lost one fight." I said as he sighed, dropping his head.

"I don't know if I can beat Black, Cora." Barry whispered as I slapped my hand to my forehead.

"Did you not pay attention to my attempt at trying to get your head out of your ass? Im trying to boost your confidence here! You know you can beat Black, but youre just afraid at getting hurt. I may have only known you for a short time, Bar, but what I can tell is that doubt is your worst enemy..." I said as he nodded, a determined look on his face.

"Yeah... You're right. And now that's going to change." Barry said as he sped off, to where I did not know.

I sighed, questioning if I should go back to the Cortex or walk around the laboratory.

Nah, being a nosey bitch is fun.

I walked around S.T.A.R. labs, coming across the particle accelerator. For some reason, my heart sank, a sad expression crossing my face.

A lot of lives were lost that day because of the man I work with. A man who looked paralyzed, but could move his feet.

A man who looked like Harrison Wells, but for some reason...

I had the feeling he isn't who he says he is. And I'll find out who that person is

Even if it means I'll die.