Chapter Thirteen

I walked into Jitters, the fresh smell of brewing coffee wafting up my nose as I inhaled, searching for Barry.

But instead, I found Iris. I walked over to her as I got her attention, and for some reason, she had an annoyed look on her face.

"You alright, Iris?" I asked, raising a brow as she huffed through her nose, shrugging.

"What's wrong?" I asked again as she looked at me, and I could just tell that it had to do with either her dad and Barry.

"Please tell me your thoughts are at least legal before you speak. I can't have something bad on my conscience, doc says it's not good for my social life." I said as Iris chuckled, shaking her head.

"No. No it's not that um Barry... wasn't happy about the whole blog I have."

"He's not happy about you making a blog about your brownie obsession?" I asked, a smirk on my face as her mouth dropped.

"How do you know about that?"

"Barry tells me things." I said with a giggle as Iris frowned. "Where is he anyway?" I said, looking around.

Iris smiled, pointing up. I craned my neck to see Barry staring down at us, his eyes darting between Iris and I.

"I better get going to him." I said before Iris stopped me.

"Are you guys on a... coffee date?" She asked, a beaming smile on her face as I felt my cheeks burn.

"You um... you could say that." I said before dashing up to Barry.

"Got you some hot chocolate with extra whipped cream, seeing as I know you aren't a fan of coffee." Barry said with a smile as I sat down, picking up the cup.

"Thanks Bar. I hate coffee." I said with a chuckle as Barry laughed. I sipped on the hot chocolate, a warm sensation drifting around my body.

"So. I was thinking that for this week, you Caitlin Cisco and I could-" I was cut off by Barry and I'd phones ringing, a frown crossing my face as we answered

"Hello?" Barry and I said in unison.

"Guys, it's Joe. Darbinyan crime family has been found dead. We need you guys in the case here in 20 minutes." Joe said before he hung up, sending us the address.

"Man. I don't get to have a single minute of relaxation." I said with a frown as I shoved my phone in my pocket.

I picked up my cup, placing it to my lips. "Cora that's still really-" I ignored Barry as I started to chug the hot chocolate. No way was I going to leave it here or take it with me. I wanted to finish it here.

"Hot." Barry said as I set the cup down, holding back a cry of burning pain.

"Ooo I'm gonna regret that later." I said as Barry gave me a "yeah probably" face, slowly standing up as I hit my chest, which was on fire.

"Worth it." I breathed out, my voice slightly raspy from how low I made it. I followed Barry outside, both of us looking around before I sighed, nodding.

He swooped me up, quickly taking us to the crime scene. The first thing I noticed where three places on the bullet proof glass that had been shattered, most likely by bullets.

"Well. That glass didn't do them any justice. But at least we know it worked." I said with a faint laugh as Barry smiled at the joke.

We walked over to the table, where several people laid, dead. I grimaced at the bodies, confused as to why they weren't physically harmed.

I knelt down to the one farthest from the glass, tilting my head as I inspected him. I put on blue latex gloves, kneeling closer to his face as I looked inside his mouth.