Chapter Fourteen

One Week Later

It was finally Barry and I'd day off. And let me tell you, if it was my day off, I'd be at home sleeping. But now, because of S.T.A.R Labs, I finally made a few friends.

So now, while Caitlin played Operation, Cisco played Ping Pong, and Wells played Chess with Barry, I was struggling to removing a block off the bottom of a Jenna build.

There was a buzz, followed by a rattle and a frustrated Caitlin Snow. "This isn't even remotely anatomically correct!" She said with a groan as I chuckled.

"I've been struggling to get this block out for the past two minutes without moving the ones above it!" I said as Barry chuckled, slapping the ping pong ball to Cisco.

"That's not the point, Dr. Snow." Barry said as I cheered in victory, finally removing the block as Barry sped over, flicking one out and placing it on top as I frowned.

"Cheater." I grumbled as he gave me a "really?" Look.

"You used your speed for that!" I said as Cisco snorted.

"I'm supposed to!" Barry argued back as I crossed my arms like a child. He sped over to Caitlin, removing the butterfly.

"Then. What is the point?" Caitlin said as she pressed her lips together, her nose upturning.

"To have fun!" Barry said with a smile as he sped over to Dr. Wells, moving a pawn.

"And to continue your ongoing training." Dr. Wells said as Barry hit the ping pong ball again. Cisco missed, causing the ball to hit the wall.

And knock over the Jenna building. "GAH!" I yelled in frustration, throwing the single block I had in my hand as it had fallen to the ground.

"I hate this game." I said, frowning at the fallen blocks as Cisco gave me a 'sorry' look.

"Does that mean I won?" Barry said with a smirk. I gave him a very sarcastic smile before it turned into a frown as Caitlin continued to struggle taking out a rubber band.

"Heads up. I think we got something." Cisco said as the alarm beeped. He ran over to the monitors, looking at the screen.

"Checkmate." Dr. Wells said as I looked over at him, his face blank as Barry sped over, a confused look on his face.

"What?"

"Checkmate. I guess we still have a few things
left to learn, don't we, Mr. Allen?" Dr. Wells said with a smile as Barry sighed.

"Robbery at fourth and Kolins." I said as I rested my arm on Cisco's shoulder, snatching a licorice from his box.

"Hey!" He said as we tried to reach for the licorice, which I quickly backed away, biting into it with a grin.

"For the record, I crushed it in ping pong, operation... and Jenga." Barry said with a wink towards me as I frowned, crossing my arms.

"Only because Cisco didn't hit the stupid ball." I grumbled as Barry sped off, a few papers flying everywhere.

There was a buzz, all of us turning to see Caitlin hit her fist on the table. "It's not as easy as it looks!" She said as I chuckled, biting into my licorice again.

"Guys where's the nearest hospital!?" Barry said through the comms as I pulled up a map, searching.

"Uh... St. Andrews. Seven blocks north, two east." I replied.

"Call an ER. tell them they have an incoming GSW." Barry said as I nodded, pulling out my phone.

"St. Andrews ER." A woman replied.