Chapter Twenty-Two

I've been known to hide my emotions very well. Fear was one I was great with, the most.

So here's an update on what's going on. Ronnie, Caitlin's supposed dead fiancée is apparently alive now.

And Dr. Harrison Wells, a paralyzed man, can walk. Oh how Central City is so different from Starling.

I stood next to Barry, both of us deep in thought as we stared at his mother's case on the board. I took in a deep breath, prepared for what I was about to say.

"Barry there's something you need to know." I said as he turned his attention to me. "Doctor-"

"Barry! Cora hey!" I turned around, mentally swearing Iris away like no tomorrow as she walked into the lab.

"I have some news!" Iris said with a grin as Barry and I shared a glance. "Eddie asked me to move in with him and I said yes! Heh." She said with a laugh as I frowned. She could have told us AFTER I told Barry about Wells?

"That's uh. That's great." Barry said, clearly not very interested as he turned back to me. "What was it you were going to say, Cora?"

"Oh. . . It can wait." I said with an internal roll of my eyes.

"Don't you guys think you're moving a little fast?" I suggested as Iris stared blankly at me.

"It's been a year. Eddie thought you'd be weirded out by it, Barry." Iris said with a laugh as Barry frowned.

"Why would I be weirded out by it?" Barry asked, crossing his arms.

"He thinks you like me. . . Romantically." Iris said as I held back a snort, clearly Barry held one back as well. "I mean it's silly even suggesting it-"

"Iris. A word for a second?" Barry said, pulling her a little far away as I shrugged, walking over to my desk, trying to my best to eavesdrop without making it look obvious.

"I told you about a month or two after I woke up that I liked you, right?" Barry said as I felt my heart sink. "Those feelings are... so far gone now and if I'll be honest I don't think they will ever come back. Now I just. . . I love you more as a sister than anything else. And I have feelings for someone else, Iris. You know that." I flicked a magazine into my face, trying to block out the rest of the conversation.

I glanced over to see a hurt expression on Iris' face. Why on earth was she sad Barry didn't like her like that anymore? She's always talking about how she loves Eddie.

"I Uh... I guess I should get going then. Bye." Iris said as I nodded her goodbye.

"Well. That was-" I was cut off by a hush of a gust of wind, and the feeling of a hand wrapped around my throat, squeezing tightly as I gasped, coughing for air.

"CORA!" Barry yelled, as I heard the man in the yellow suit howl with laughter.

"Love is a powerful emotion. It breaks you down to your weakest point, doesn't it Barry Allen?." The Reverse Flash said with a scowl.

"Let her go!" Barry yelled, and I could barely hear the fear in his voice as I gasped for air, digging my nails into the fabric of the yellow suit.

"You. . . were the one in my house that night. You killed my mother!" Barry yelled as I could faintly see an evil smirk on the mans face, one that sent a terrified shiver up my spine.

"And now. I'll kill the girl you love. And if you want to find out why I killed them. . ." The reverse flash turned to Barry.

"You'll have to catch me first."