✝️

Your his daughter. But is visiting the Marquis to much.

"We mustn't just copy the words. It's important to know what they mean. Saint Augustine tells us that, Angels and demons walk among us on the earth. And that sometimes, they jointly inhabit the soul of a single man" Abbè. Your father. Was teaching you how to read and write.
"Then how can we know. Who is truely good. And who is evil?" You dip the quill into the pot of ink.
"Well we can't" he says after a little pause. He guides your hand again. "All we can do is guard against our own corruption" he lets go of your hand and you put the quill down. "So you'll practice reading tonight on your own for me"
You nod.
"Now go on. I've got choir to teach" he smiles and kisses your head.

~later~

You were reading to the maids. One of Marquis stories.
"-and so the professor lifted Colloms skirt high above her waist 'let me be your tutor' said he 'in the ways of love' and with that he slipped her pan-pant-talets down down down over her knees"
"We oughtn't to be reading his nasty stories" some other maid said.
You huff. "No ones forcing you to listen"
"You've been in his quarters haven't you?" She said.
You straighten yourself. "Once or twice"
"A day?!" Another maid said.
"Shhhh! Pipe down before my Father hears!"
She scoffs.
You huff and get up. You leave.

~week later~

You and your father were at a play Marquis had put on.
It was about the doctor and his new wife who is barely 16. Just a child. Younger than you. You only being 17.
It got to a part where they were having sex.
"Y/N leave at Once" you father whispered.
"But it has only just started" you say
"Do as I say, Y/N"
You glare at him
"Now"
You huff getting up and storming out. You saw Marquis watch you leave. You mouth 'sorry' and left.

You sit outside Marquis room. You see him waltz down the hallway.
"Ah~ come for a splash of wine or maybe" he pauses looking you up and down "perhaps another story"
"We best make it quick, Father might come looking if he discovers I'm not in our quarters"
"He won't. He'll come here instead"
"Why is my father always angry at you. You write so wonderfully"
"He just can't accept that he's gone against his god"
Your eyes widen "he has?"
"Having bar...over another man"
You cover mouth and giggle. "That's not true Marquis"
"Is it not" he says with a smirk.
You giggle once again.

"I've got a new story Y/N"
"You do. Can I hear it. Please"
"I haven't written it yet. But." He comes towards you moving a stray hair behind your ear "I can tell you" he grabs your breast. You gasp and slap him.
"Some things belong on paper" you walk towards the door "others in life" you see Abbè walking down the hallway. "Fathers coming" you whisper
"Hide, quickly!" Marquis says.
You run over to his bed pulling the curtains closed.

You hear your father come in and started talking to Marquis.

After a bit

"What are you doing?" Marquis asked.
"You won't be true to your word you leave me no choice" Abbè said picking up his quills.
"You can't-" he gets up from his chair and tries to stop him.
They fight for a little bit.

"Try reading for a change. The writer who produces more than he reads- tsk tsk a sure mark of an armature" he shakes his head in disbelief then grabs the bible "start with the bible, it's cheerier and more Artley written"
"What this monstrous guard of yours?" He spits on it

Abbè goes to leave. Marquis chases him.
"Why are you doing this to me?"
He grabs the quills.
"I'll die of loneliness...I've no company but the characters I create"
"whores and pederasts?! You're better off without them"
He goes to leave but is blocked by Marquis.
"I have a proposition"
"You always do"
"Y/N"
Abbès eyes widen
"She's besotted with me. She'd do anything i asked she could pay me a visit" he winks.
"I don't know who you insult more. Her or me!"
"Part the gates of heaven. As it were"
"THAT'S ENOUGH"
"You're too tense, Darling. You could do with a long slow screw"
"Goodnight, Marquis" he opens the door
"THEN BUGGER ME" Marquis yells as Abbè leaves.
He slams his fists on the door "GODDAMN YOU ABBÈ. HAVE YOU NO TRUE SENSE ON MY CONDITION. OF ITS GRAVITY! MY WRITING IS INVOLUNTARY. LIKE THE BEATING IF MY HEART!"
Abbè rounds the corner.
"MY CONSTANT ERRECTION!"

You come out. "Are you alright Marquis?"
"YES" he sighs "yes yes I'm alright" he comes over to you and cups your face. "You should go. He was walking towards your quarters"
You nod and leave. "I'll come tomorrow"
He nods looking out the window. You open the door closing it behind you.
You get back to your quarters and your father was there.
"Where were you?"
"Out for a walk"
"You haven't been with the Marquis have you?"
"No father" you look next to you. His quills. "But you have haven't you father"
He nods. "Forgive me my dove but I must go. The doctor needs to speak with me" he gets up walking to the door and kissing your head. "I'll be back soon. But you'll be asleep" he opens the door "rest well my darling" he walks out.

You sigh. You pick up one of Marquis quills. You hold it up to your window. Seeing the quill glisten in the moonlight. You were fascinated by it.

You stripped out of your dress and stayed in your underthings.

You hung up your dress in your wardrobe and got into bed

You stared outside the window. Your saw town lights. You've never been to town. Only here.
Your mind starts to wonder. Your Father says letting your mind wonder for too long will allow it to make up horribly wicked things.

You close your eyes and drift off to sleep.