Comforting

credit to punani on tumblr

description: Harry is beyond in love and there is little to nothing in the world that will change that.

word count: 907

—————

Harry loves touring

Harry loves touring. He loves the stage, the way the crowd would seem to melt as the night trudged forward. He loved the blaring music in his ears and the thousands of people who would sing his words. He loved what he did to no extent.

However, he'd be lying to himself if he said that he wouldn't give it all up to be with her.

Right now, her calves are promptly splayed across his thighs; the two of them are watching Brooklyn 99– what he has learned to be her favorite show of all time (at that moment at least). He finds the humor to be fresh and unique, but his focus typically turns to her.

She's wearing home clothes: one of his hoodies and some pajama shorts that expose her bare legs. Barefaced and calm, [Y/N] will throw her head back and laugh at some of the jokes that play out on screen. Her smile is always wide and sometimes it takes her a moment to collect herself– her chest rising and falling in an attempt to weave its way back into a simple rhythm.

"You're not even watching the show, Harry," [Y/N] giggles before taking her left foot, nudging his stomach a little with her toes. He snaps out of the small daze that she unknowingly put him in. She looks at him with kind eyes and Harry can't help but give her a lopsided smile in return.

"I am, love," Deep and gravely, she melts at the sound of his voice as per usual. If Harry notices, then he doesn't say anything. Instead, he just watches as she composes herself, giving out a playful huff and muttering something along the lines of 'sure you are' before averting her attention back to the television screen.

The three words are on the tip of his tongue: I love you. He's said it hundreds of times before, and Lord knows that he doesn't need to say it again because she knows as to how in love with her he is.

She knows that Harry would give her anything that she wanted. He would buy her whatever and give her anything and everything that this world had to offer, but whenever he opens his mouth to ramble about how he wants to give her everything– she always does the same thing. [Y/N] would press her palms into his cheeks, successfully cupping his face so that he would solely focus on her; she then would proceed to tell him that she has all that she needs right in her hands. Harry was sure to blush like a madman every time she did that to him.

"Want to watch another episode?" Harry feels himself sink further into the couch as she shifts her body to reach for the remote. His hands are still caressing the skin of her lower legs, giving her a subtle massage. [Y/N]'s question lingers in the air, waiting for an answer to fall past Harry's lips, but he just stays silent for a moment– relishing in how lucky he was to have someone like her in his life.

"Whatever you want, petal," She hums, accepting his response and proceeding to queue up another episode in the series. Deciding to place the remote back on the coffee table in front of the couch that the two of them were sat on, [Y/N] moves so that she can become more comfortable as well as giving Harry the chance to shift his position as well.

It's these moments that Harry looks forward to. The opportunity to have a chance at the domestic life his heart yearns for when he's touring the world for months at a time. It's these moments where Harry relishes in the way that she makes him feel at ease. She always makes him feel as though the rest of the world could fade away and it wouldn't matter because he had her and she most definitely had him.

He finds comfort in the feeling of home that she grants him. Her legs splayed across his thighs while she lets the rest of her body sink into the couch, a lounging position overcoming her figure with every passing moment. He finds comfort in their lack of needing to keep a conversation going because the silence was always comfortable. He finds comfort in her.

"Hey, love?" He's looking at her again, waiting to grasp her undivided attention from the scene playing on the tv.

"Hmm?" Slowly turning her head, [Y/N] eventually makes eye contact with Harry. Her brows are furrowed in slight curiosity and she cocks her head to the side, waiting for him to continue on with what he was saying.

"I love you," He can't help himself. He knows that she knows that already, but he can't help it. He's so very very in love with the girl beside him and he wants her to know that for the rest of their lives.

It's like clockwork. As soon as Harry blurts out those three words, a small, genuine smile breaks out onto her lips. She's shifting her body so that her legs are tucked underneath her and she is right up against him. [Y/N] moves her hands to cup his cheeks and she presses a chaste kiss to his lips, savoring the feeling of him against her. With small reluctance, she pulls away and rests her forehead against his.

"I love you too, H."

credit to punani on tumblr