No Kisses

credit to stylesmessiah on tumblr

description: you and Harry's daughter isn't too sure about his new facial hair.

word count: 1.8k

-----

A harsh prod to your ribs startles you awake, but you're not surprised to see your three-year-old daughter standing on the carpet with wide eyes, her blankie - lovingly named Mr

A harsh prod to your ribs startles you awake, but you're not surprised to see your three-year-old daughter standing on the carpet with wide eyes, her blankie - lovingly named Mr. Blankie - tucked securely in her arms.

"Daddy's car here yet?" Jada inquires hopefully, holding up her chubby arms so you can pick her up.

You do so, gathering her in your arms and smoothing the frizzy wisps of hair escaping from her braids. "You're up bright and early, babygirl."

She isn't deterred, however. "Daddy's car-"

"Arrives in the afternoon, sweetheart." You pat her head. "Think you can wait a bit longer?"

Jada pouts, crossing her arms. "Wanna see Daddy now."

"I know how you feel, babygirl," you sigh. It's hard not to empathasize with your little girl when her father is contractually obligated to travel for his various careers, this time for a modeling campaign in Italy. He wanted nothing more but to bring you and Jada, but she'd gotten sick with the stomach bug at the last minute. Harry delayed his leave until she got completely better, but when it came down to a road trip which spanned across several countries, the two of you decided it was best for your baby to stay home and rest.

"It's just a few more hours," you remind her gently. "After bath time and some pancakes, Daddy'll be home."

Jada immediately brightens at the word pancakes, and thanks to the promise of a sweet breakfast, she stays remarkabaly still as you shampoo her long brown curls. Nor does she complain when you brush them, and you soon realize it's not because of the pancakes.

"Haven't seen Daddy in forever!" she mumbles to herself happy. "Will he bring presents, Mama?"

You laugh as you add a yellow bow to her shiny hair. "Dunno, babygirl. He usually does, doesn't he?"

"'S okay if he don't bring them, Mama," Jada assures you.

"Aww," you say, hugging her. "Isn't that wise of you?"

Jada beams at the praise and faces the mirror, sticking out her tongue. "I wise!"

"Yes, you are-" you begin, but you're interrupted by the sound of a car, unmistakably Harry's Maserati, pulling up in the driveway.