Flower Field

credit to stylesberries on tumblr

description: Harry accidentally breaks his favourite guitar, which makes it an obvious choice of a present for his upcoming birthday.

word count: 2.3k

-----

After releasing Fine Line, Harry was preparing himself to go on a world tour with the new album

After releasing Fine Line, Harry was preparing himself to go on a world tour with the new album. He refused to leave you, his most precious treasure, behind when going on tour. He begged you to come with him, as if you could ever turn that request down.

Couple of months before the tour Harry's favorite guitar ended up broken. It was just another night spent in the studio with you and Mitch. Harry got a bit too excited (and a little tipsy) as he danced his precious bum off, he tripped and landed right on top of his guitar neck, snapping it in two. Watching his facial expression change from a blissful one to a mournful one, you stood up from your place to walk over to him and wrap your arm around his waist.

You took a look at the body of the guitar on the floor, separated from the neck, that Harry was holding at the moment. He held it with disappointment written all over his face.

"It was a really good one, you know?" Harry stated, turning it look at you.

"I know, baby. I'm so sorry." You pressed your body to his side and pulled him closer to you by his waist.
"It's okay. It happens sometimes."

Although, he tried to brush it off, you knew he was very upset. He wrote two albums on that guitar and was planning on taking it along on tour.

His birthday was just around the corner, so you knew exactly what you were going to get him as a present.

The next day you called Mitch and asked him about the guitar Harry broke and where you could get the identical one. Mitch provided you with the address of the guitar shop, that Harry mostly get his guitars from, and the name of the model.

You snuck out of the bed early in the morning, gently pushing Harry's arm off of your body. Leaving the bed, you made sure to pull the blanket over Harry's back, so that he's not freezing in this mid-January situation that was going on in the northern hemisphere. You were turning to walk up to the closet to change your clothes, but you couldn't keep yourself from turning back in your feet and bending over the bed to land a kiss on your beloved's temple.

"Nghh, where y'goin'?" Harry surprised you by mumbling to you and tugging on your (his) T-shirt.

"Stay. Please." How could you leave now?

Guess the guitar will have to wait for a day.

"Y/N, don't go please. We haven't cuddled in two days. I miss you. Come on, princess. Come here, love." Harry whispered in your ear as you guys stood in the kitchen cooking dinner two days after you were supposed to go to the guitar shop.