Not One Of Them

credit to wellbeafineline on tumblr

description: Harry is lyrically stuck, Y/N is the new big songwriter. She's also a single mom to a 4-year-old girl.

word count: 9.9k

—————

When you're a young mother, the world isn't always the kindest, especially when no partner is in the picture

While you were young, having had baby Faith when you were only 21, you applauded yourself for years for the effort you poured into raising a child alone – with the help of family and friends, and too many books and videos, but you get the point.

Faith wasn't a mistake, you hate it when anyone even dares to imply so, but she was unplanned. You were in a toxic on-and-off relationship for 3 years, at some point believing that it might have been an open relationship because of the amount of times you caught your ex-boyfriend flirting with women and men right in front of you.

You had done your part after knowing that you were pregnant after one drunken night that led to a rough make-up session. You approached your ex, sat him down and broke the news;

"I'm pregnant."
"Whose is it?" He had asked, face falling.
Yours scrunched up in anger, almost disgust at the implication. "Yours, you dumb-fuck! I don't sleep around while I'm in a relationship like some people." You had emphasized.
He ignored your comment, releasing a sigh. "You aren't keeping it, are you?"
You were never against abortion. You were never against planned pregnancy. You had freaked out alright on your own when you were confirmed pregnant, but something inside you told you to hold on to the human inside of you, to that little bundle of oblivion – a little bundle of faith.

It was when he asked you that one question, his tone almost sure that you would abort the child, that you felt angry tears pool your eyes. "I am."
He wasn't ready to hear it and his wide eyes showed that, "Wh-What do you mean you are? I can't have a fucking baby! This wasn't supposed to get this real!"
"This real?" You had chuckled bitterly, "You stay with me for 3 years, fuck me over more than I can count then you always come crying for me, then tell me it wasn't supposed to get this real?" You stood up, draping your bag over your shoulder, "I'm having the kid, Will. It's over between us and-" you gulped, swallowing back the tears as you pointed at him, "I never want to see you again."
"You bet your fucking ass you won't." He had grumbled, tearing eye contact to look somewhere else but your death glare before you left.

Besides the university halls, Will had managed to stay out of your sight and you were grateful for that. Pregnancy was a roller-coaster, one you definitely screamed during all ride of, but nothing and nobody prepared you for the moment when you gave birth to your little love.

Your roommate and best friend, Cece, had driven you to the hospital and notified the rest of your family and friends, and you were glad that during that very period of time, you had someone beside you.