First Class (2)

credit to wroteasongabouther on tumblr

description: second part to; the one when Y/N and Harry meet during a long flight, and Harry makes a new little friend too.

word count: 3.7k

-----

It took you nearly three hours to put Riley to sleep

It took you nearly three hours to put Riley to sleep. No matter what you did, he fused and winced till he completely tired himself out. It was exhausting in itself, looking after a two year old for a living, and you loved it - most days. But after nights like tonight with Riley being a fuss, all you wanted was a nice hot bath and a cup of tea.

You walk down the stairs to the kitchen of your bosses New York home. She called it an apartment, but it was three floors and someday you forgot there was two bedrooms that no one even used. Your boss, Jenn, was sitting in the kitchen as you rounded the corner to enter the room. She doesn't even glance up from her laptop as you open the cupboards. Poor woman, she really did have a demanding job, you wondered how she did it all before you came around.

"Riley asleep?" Jenn asks after a few minutes, your water is turned on to boil now.

"Yup," you nod and turn to look where Jenn sat. She was rubbing her forehead, glasses now atop her head, and her eyes were shut. What Jenn needed was a break, but you knew she'd never take one. "I'm just going to have a bath, then get some sleep," you explain, focusing back at the cupboards to find your favourite tea.

"Oh a bath sounds lovely right about now," Jenn all but moans out. You chuckle under your breath and then pour the hot water into the mug, steeping the tea bag till it turns a darker colour than before.

"Have one," you suggest, "you could borrow one of my bath products if you'd like?"

"I can't," Jenn yawns and then types out something on her laptop, "I've got quite a bit to finish here before any sort of relaxing can be done," she states while bringing her glasses back down to her nose.

After taking ahold of your hot mug, wrapping both hands around it, you lean back against the counter. For a moment you're comfortable just standing there and taking a few sips of your tea. But then you remember your awaiting bathtub and begin to move. Jenn's eyes peer up from her laptop and you know she has something to say.

"What's your agenda tomorrow?" She questions. Regardless of the limited time she gets with her son, she still likes to know everything you're doing with him within a day.

"You mentioned waking him for breakfast, so after that I was thinking of taking him to the park just down the road for a bit, it's supposed to be a nice day out. Then back for lunch and after that keep him busy and out of your way here," you go through the rough plan you had. Jenn nods and placed her finger at her lips. Even the simplest things and she gave off such powerful vibes.