Golden

credit to mellowstyles94 on tumblr

description: a shameless smut piece inspired by the golden mv.

word count: 4.8k

-----

You were dying to see him

You were done with your shift but you didn't even stop to say goodbye to any of your coworkers as per usual. You just grabbed your stuff and left the building, driving straight home. Grocery shopping would have to wait until the following day.

It was a little past seven o'clock when you were pulling into your driveway, hopeful that he was still waiting for you. An obvious sigh of relief escaped your lungs when you noticed his stained white vans by the entryway and his car keys hang on the door. The only source of light was coming from the television in your living room.

You tried to be as discreet as possible, cursing under your breath when the floorboards creaked a bit too loud. You had all the intent to surprise him, poking your head into the living room to find him passed out on your couch.

Silent snores escaped his parted lips with arms folded on his chest.

A smile tugged at the corner of your lips, butterflies bursting in your stomach at the first sight of him in nearly a month. You wanted so much to squeeze yourself into his arms and just sleep next to him. You missed feeling his breath on the back of your neck, his arms wrapped securely around your waist, his warmth, his scent...

Quickly reminding yourself that you still needed to freshen up before you could have any sort of interaction with him, you switched off the television and left for your bedroom. You went on with your usual routine, only coming downstairs when you were dressed down in a t-shirt and a pair of silky shorts.

You couldn't help but smile when you saw him still fast asleep where you had left him. He was tired but a selfish part of you wanted to wake him up so that you could look into his eyes again and see that usual glimmer they'd acquire whenever he saw you.

You settled on the edge of your coffee table right opposite where he was, contemplating your next move. Your hand had a mind of its own, raising to his head of hair, running your fingers through it before cupping his face. He looked tanner, a couple patches of sunburnt skin on his cheeks and nose that you found quite endearing.

The mustache that you'd grown so attached to was no more, only leaving a bit of stubble as your only consolation. His hair was even shorter now to your utter dismay but you reminded yourself that it was just hair and it would grow back eventually. His chapped nails were painted pastel shades of yellow and silver, a couple of rings missing from his fingers.

His eyeball started moving behind his eyelids, an obvious indication that he was slowly waking up. You immediately retracted your fingers, aware of the weirdness of your actions. His eyes fluttered open, fleeting around in disorientation before they landed on you. He rushed to sit up on your couch, fingers running through his hair out of habit as he tried to shake off the sleep from his system.