Fireflies

credit to stylesberries on tumblr

description: Harry has been acting weird for a couple of weeks, but when y/n finally finds out the truth, it's far from what she assumed.

word count: 2.5 k

-----

Harry has been acting weird for a couple of weeks now and you started to get suspicious

Harry has been acting weird for a couple of weeks now and you started to get suspicious. He would come home late most of the days and keep you waiting in your bed. The other days he would mysteriously disappear in the morning. "Went out for a run." He would tell you. What kind of run lasts for five hours?

Of course, you would never suspect him of cheating on you. He has proven his love to you over and over again, and one had to be completely oblivious of what love is, not to notice how head over heels in love he was with you.

However, the way he was acting made you overthink. You were worried for him and his well-being. All of the worst things that could happen took over your mind. Health issues, disagreements with the management, bickering within the family, and many other possible problems that he could have been facing filled your mind to the brim.

Here you were now, sitting at your kitchen table, eating dinner alone. Harry still hasn't come home and it was already nine o'clock in the evening, when he promised to get home at six.

You trusted Harry. You really did. However, you didn't want him to use the fact that you trust him with everything you have, to get home late for the second week in a row. You wouldn't have been against him staying out late if he had just told you he truth.

You sat in your seat and rolled the pasta you made on a fork. All of your appetite has vanished even before you started making the food, but you still forced yourself to eat, to get your mind off of your ever wandering boyfriend.

As you started to get into your food, you heard the keys turn in the front door. No food for you today.

Your name wasn't called like it usually is, when Harry walks into the front door. The only sound you heard was the shuffling and the clacking of keys being placed on the table in the hall.

You could tell that Harry was trying to be as quiet as possible to avoid you noticing him.

As he tried to pass the kitchen door quietly, you got up from your place and walked up to him. He was wearing his blue sweater, corduroy flares and a face of someone trying to hide something from their girlfriend.

"Harry?" You asked sternly.

He turned his head to you and put on a smile while pushing something behind his back.