38. arguments

(5/6/2016)

I feel very summery in a tidy green tartan dress with some white sneakers. I sling a brown teddy bear coat over my shoulders, as the summer air starts to fade into a cool breeze. It's my favourite time of year. When the leaves are just beginning to fall, and the grass is turning greener by the day in preparation for a cold winter.

I arrive at Bluewater shopping centre right on 12 o'clock. Lily, Haylee, Ivy and I agreed to meet at the crispy creme. Sadly Kayden couldn't make it, but I'll see him soon when school starts up again.

I haven't seen my friends face to face in months. I missed them so much. So obviously I'm extremely excited for today. We don't have a big day planned, it's not like we want to go rock climbing or anything. We're just going to do some shopping and get some lunch, as we all need winter clothes for the upcoming season. I don't really need many things because I still fit into my clothes from when I was 12. I stopped growing early, I guess.

"Camryn!" Someone yells. My eyes dart around looking for the source of the noise, only to land on a ginger haired girl sprinting towards me. Ivy.
"Ives!"
"Oh I missed you so much! How are you?"
"Same! I'm great, how are you? Did anything happen at school while I was away?"
"I'm good. No not much happened, but we'll talk about that later." She says quickly, obviously wanting to move off the topic. My brow creases for a second in questioning, but vanishes even faster.

We wait a few minutes for Lily and Haylee, who are running late as usual. I tap my foot impatiently on the tiled floor whilst twirling a strand of hair in my hands. I got it cut yesterday, and I'm kind of obsessed.

I scroll through my Instagram, seeing that my follower count has risen again. It's now at 346k. Gosh. It's rather scary at times. I mean, a few months ago I wouldn't have dreamt of being where I now, and it came true anyways.

Two girls appear in the corner of my eyes, and each let out a little shriek of joy, making me spin around a bit too quickly.
"Haylee! Lily!" I scream. A few people give me dirty looks, to which I smile sheepishly.
"Cam!" We all embrace.
"How was the plane ride?" Lily asks. She has her signature grin spread across her face like a summer breeze, and her green eyes crinkle up at the ends.

"Oh it was good! Long though."
"It's so good to have you back, Cam." Haylee says as she pulls me into another hug. She's the one I'm closest to out of my friends.
"You missed so much drama while you were gone!" Lily exclaims.
"We'll fill you in though so don't worry!" Haylee adds with a wink. I turn around to Ivy, who's surprisingly quiet. She fiddles with the ring on her finger.
"Oh ok, Ivy said I didn't miss much."
"Oh..." Lily says awkwardly. A weird tension passes through us. It's just that we haven't been together in months. It will be fine.

We all stroll down to the milkshake bar. It's quite busy, so we have to wait for a while which gives me plenty of time to choose which flavour to get. I don't know whether to pick the Oreo, or caramel flavour.

I end up picking the strawberry flavour. I don't know what came over me, but I just suddenly really felt like a creamy, strawberry milkshake. I was right to do so, because it's delicious.

There's still a weird vibe in the air though. I'm not sure what to do, if I should say something or leave it. It's only Ivy that's acting strangely. Haylee and Lily are the same as they were all those months ago, apart from the fact that Lily has dyed her hair a bright pink shade. We're currently doing some shopping in a lovely boutique.

"This skirt is so pretty!" Lily fawns over the pastel purple material.
"It would suit you so well Lils!" I comment. She takes it and goes off to the changing rooms.
"Hey what do you guys think about this?" I ask holding up a white sundress.
"That's so beautiful!" Haylee exclaims, running over to where I stand to feel the fabric.
"May I try it on after you?" She giggles. I laugh at her and nod.
"Are you going to try anything on Ivy?"
"I don't know." She replies bluntly. Haylee glances at me with confusion plastered on her face, and I frown.

"Are you okay Ivy?"
"Yeah you've been acting really strange today."
"I'm fine guys." She answers sharply.
"Are you sure? You haven't really been talking and you just seem a bit-"
"I'm fine Camryn! Geez!" She yells angrily. Everyone in the store goes silent. I stand completely still, like a deer in the headlights.
"Okay, I was just wondering, you don't need to scream."
"Just stop talking." She snaps. Haylee gasps quietly and her jaw drops. That was so rude.

"Is there a problem you want to talk about Ivy?"
"Actually yes. Yes there is. You think it's completely fine to just randomly show up after months of not talking to us."
"That's not true, I texted and FaceTimed-"
"But you abandoned us! For months!"
"Because I was working!"
"Oh shut up! That's not working!" She retorts.
"What do you mean?"
"You were filming a movie Camryn. It's not hard. The only hard part is getting past the fact that you'll never be successful." My eyes flash flood with uncontrollable tears. Haylee tries to pull me back.

I shrug her off and storm out of the shop.

🌸🌸🌸
ooohh drama. sorry for not updating yesterday, but I hope you enjoy this chapter!

please don't forget to vote, and comment if you liked it!