75. on mondays we wear green

im back

sorry for being so long but I'll try and update more now I have time!!!

love you all <3

06/07/20
camrynoak:

camrynoak: on mondays we wear green817k likes| 21k commentsPinned comment:

817k likes| 21k comments
Pinned comment:

fan1: you tried to make a pop culture reference. I can't say you succeeded, but you tried.

REAL LIFE

Should I call him?

That's the question that has been wracking my brain for the last few hours, ever since my eyes landed on Tom's comment. My finger hovers over his contact, ready to press the button and finally talk to him after so long. I miss him.

Does he miss me?

I don't know. I hope he does, in a weird way. Is that bad? Probably. I don't want him to be upset though, I just want to know where we stand. My finger inches just a tiny fragment of the air closer to the call button.

We didn't even fight. Why am I scared?

Shit. Should I?

I sit back for a second, closing my eyes as the wooden frame of my bed connects with my head. I thought this type of stuff was meant to be easier. Why can't it just be simple?

I sigh, my chest hovering without breathing for a second.

I really want to call him.

Just call him for gods sake.

It will be fine.

Won't it?

I take a deep breath, ignoring how my heart beat picks up just a bit. Just press it. Just press the button. Just press the bu-

"You good Cam?" Maddy asks suddenly, leaning against the door frame.

"Shit, Maddy, you nearly gave me a heart attack," I laugh shallowly, swallowing the lump in my throat. "Yeah I'm fine."

"What're you doing?"

"Calling Tom," I smile weakly. "Or at least trying to, I guess."

"But do you want to?"

I frown, placing my phone down on my lap.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," Maddy walks over, sitting down next to me on the couch. "Do you actually want to call him or do you feel like you should?"

My lips fall to a close from their position, ready to speak back. But is she right? Do I just feel like I should?

Maybe I should wait.

But I miss him so much.

Is it a bad thing if I feel like I should call him?

"You seem like you've got some thinking to do so I'm going to leave you to deal with that. You want waffles?" Maddy stands up.

"Berries?"

"Yeah of course. I'm not buying you Nutella, you can get it yourself. You're an adult."

"You're living in my house-"

"I'll make the waffles!"

I smile as she leaves to the kitchen. But the second she's out of sight, it fades like the English summer. Quick, and instant. Because I'm divided. I so badly want to call Tom, because I miss him so much.

I might just do it.

Bite the bullet and get it done with.

I hit the call button.

Oh.

I hit the call button.

My eyes shoot open, a burning heat racing up my neck to my cheeks. I watch helplessly as the sound starts echoing in my ears, Tom's contact still the same as it was a few days ago.

Why does it feel like there's so much space between us when we're only a few streets apart?

Why am I scared when we didn't even fight?

Why can't I stop thinking?

"Cam?" Tom speaks softly.

He sounds surprised. But he still sounds normal, just a bit tired. My mouth runs dry and I can't move, I can't speak. I clear my throat, trying to get a noise out.

"Cam? Are you there?"

a/n 😊
helloooo everyone! I'm elle, if you are just starting to read. thank you so much for reading my book it means a lot!!

this chapter is a shorter one, I promise there will be longer ones coming! I just needed to get back into the flow.

if you have any questions for the book, or just any questions in general please ask here!! I'd love to answer some and talk to you all. how are you?

okay, I'll go now. love you all!!!

elle <3