Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

Eddie was supposed to join Barry and I, but it ended up with him canceling due to Iris wanting to spend "quality time" with him.

"Well, hello dear." The woman said as I smiled down at her. "What can I do for you?"

"Barry Allen and Cora Agápi, forensic analysts for the CCPD. We are here for an ongoing investigation involving your grandson, Hannibal Bates." I said as the woman froze for a minute.

Shit. I heard her think, forcing back a brow that was about to raise as she smiled once more, letting us in. "Come on in." She said as Barry smiled, walking in as I followed behind.

"Have you heard from your grandson recently, Mrs. Bates?" Barry asked as we sat down in the tiny couch.

"Recently? No. Uh uh. Why do you ask?" I was finally able to put my superhearing to use, using it to check her heart beat. Her heart skipped a beat. It was a lie.

I tapped Barry's knee with my pinky, giving him a slight shake of my head as he frowned at me.

"You filed a missing-persons report on your grandson a little over a year ago." I said as Mrs. Bates stopped once more.

"Oh, yes. I certainly did. You'll have to forgive me. My memory is not quite as it used to be." She said as I once again held back a suspicious look. "And of course, neither are my manners. Can I get you two anything? Coffee? Tea?"

"Yea would be nice, thank you." I said with a smile as Barry shook his head, the woman disappearing around the corner.

"Cora w-"

"Sh." I shooshed Barry, placing a finger over my mouth as I listened to Mrs. Bates thoughts.

"I need to get out of here." My attention snapped to Barry.

"She's running." I said before shooting up. Barry went to use his speed before I stopped him. "Don't let him catch you using your speed!" I said as Barry frowned.

"Then what am I supposed to do?!"

"Do it the way everyone else does it, Barry!" I said before sprinting out the back door while Barry took the front.

"Hannibal Bates stop where you are right now!" I said as I took out the taser I had taken from the precinct, aiming it at Hannibal.

"I said freeze!"

Barry

I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find Bates. Maybe Cora got him?

"Barry! Did you find Hannibal?" I turned to see Cora, a confused look on her face as I groaned, shaking my head.

"He must have gotten away." I said, now frustrated as Cora gave me a defeated look.

"We should um. . . Head back to CCPD." Cora suggested as I shook my head.

"No. We need to get back to S.T.A.R. Labs. Call Eddie and tell him Bates got away." I said as Cora nodded, quickly calling Eddie and repeating what I told her to do.

"So. How far is S.T.A.R. Labs from here? Good hour long walk?" Cora asked as I frowned at her.

"It takes us two seconds." I said quickly before picking her up and speeding to S.T.A.R Labs.

Cora snapped her attention to me when I set her down, an evil yet terrified look on her face. "The Flash." She muttered as I gave her a weird look.

"There you guys are!" Caitlin said as we turned out heads to her.

"Yes. . . Here we are." Cora uttered as Caitlin walked into the lab room, me and Cora following behind.

"I figured a way to stop our shape-shifter from morphing into other people." Caitlin said as Cora stood further away from us, looking at everything like she's seeing it for the first time.