Can't Even Think Straight {8}

Start from the beginning

                He flashed me a breathtaking smile. “You were in our class too. You and Rory. But you guys didn’t start talking to me until Murphy forced me to become social. I was always shy.”

                Sebastian sure as hell didn’t strike me as the shy type. He was always very friendly to everyone, regardless of if he knew them or not. His charm almost matched mine, actually.

                “So you never answered my other question,” Sebastian said.

                “What question?” I asked in confusion.

                “Why do you get some strange around me?” he asked.

                I mentally cursed. I had been hoping he had forgotten about asking that. Damn.

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said with a shrug. “I act normal around you. Totally normal. Don’t act weird at all. Definitely not intimidated by your good looks or captivated by your incredible eyes. Nope. Straight as a guy can get. Completely casual around you.”

                “Well, sorry to question you on it then,” Sebastian said, completely fooled by my brilliance.

                We walked back into my dad’s classroom and I frowned to myself. I didn’t want to leave Sebastian. I was finally having actual conversation with him, and not making a fool out of myself!

                “Evan, you’d better head on back to class. Thanks for the help boys,” dad said, standing up and coming over to me with my passbook in his hands.

                “I already filled you out a pass,” he said, handing me the passbook. “And yes, I’ll bring you home after school. Come to my classroom at the end of the day.”

                “Thank you daddy-dearest,” I grumbled. Stupid dad. How could he not see that I didn’t want to leave the room?!

                “Well. Go on Evan. Get back to class,” dad said, pointing at the door.

                “I can take a hint!” I whined, spinning around and starting towards the door.

                A warm hand closed over mine, sending a jolt of electricity up my arm. I jumped in shock and spun to face Sebastian, who had his face dangerously close to mine, the usual smirk plastered on it.

                “You didn’t say goodbye,” he whispered, his breath tickling my ear and causing me to shiver slightly.

                I looked up to say goodbye to him and my eyes landed on his. There was a smug look in those sea-colored eyes. It grabbed me, pulling me in and drowning me.

                Sebastian cocked his head to the side, the smirk never leaving his face. “Well? I’m waiting,” he said, his voice still just a whisper, this time crawling down the side of my neck.

                “Waiting for what?” I asked, pulled back into the familiar trance.

                “My goodbye.”

                “I don’t want to say goodbye.”

                My brain was screaming at my mouth to shut up, but my mouth just flicked its middle finger and kept on going.

                “Oh? And why not?”

                “Because,” I said.