Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

The second I hit my pillow it felt like a marshmallow, and I was instantly asleep.

☀︎︎

"What's with all the water? Did the sprinkler system go off or something?" Joe asked Barry and I as we walked in. While I was excited to work on a new case, Barry didn't seem to feel the same.

In fact, he looked utterly confused. "N-no the. . . I checked the sprinklers they're all in tact." Barry said as I looked at him, trying to determine what was going on with him.

"The water has ice in it." He continued as I looked down, seeing small chunks of ice laying in the ground around the coroner. "And the bruises on the coroner aren't just on his face. Check. Look at his torso."

I squared down, lifting up the dead mans shirt to reveal large bruises on his stomach. "Damn." I mumbled, looking up at Barry.

"How did you know these were here?" I asked him as he stammered before shutting his mouth and shrugging.

"He was killed by hail. We gotta listen to the recording." Barry said as Joe and I frowned.

"What recording?" I asked, standing up in time to see Eddie walking over.

"Cora you're back!" Eddie said with a smile as I pressed my lips together, nodding. "Anyways, Joe. The coroner's office just installed an automated dictation system. Listen to this." Eddie pressed a button, and we listened as two voices appeared in the recording, threatening the coroner.

"That's Mark Mardon. And he wants revenge." Barry said as I frowned at him.

"Mark Mardon? You mean like. . . Clyde Mardon? The guy Joe killed almost a year ago?" I asked as Barry nodded.

☀︎︎

"Crazy to think two of the biggest criminals in Central City happen to have lived a plane crash and both turn to metahumans." I said as I crossed my arms, leaning on my heels as Cisco and Caitlin looked over the files.

"Almost like he's some type of-"

"Weather Wizard!" I said along with Cisco and Barry, both of us giving Barry an odd look as Cisco dipped his cherry slushie before groaning and holding his head.

"Trigeminal headache?" Caitlin and Barry said in unison, earning another weird look from Barry.

"Mr. Allen. Another word, please." Dr. Wells said as Barry sighed, walking in to the treadmill room again.

"What on earth happened to Barry? Did something go down when I was in my coma?" I asked as Caitlin and Cisco shook their head.

"Nothing that I can remember." Cisco said as I looked through the glass to see Barry yelling at Dr. Wells about something before pointing at me, my eyes quickly darting away.

What the hell are they talking abo-

"-ra needs to know what happened. She needs to know the truth about how she got into the coma. We can't lie to her about it, and we can't lie to the team about how I know everything they are saying!" Barry yelled as I snapped my attention towards the two scientists.

How the hell can I hear them?

"Barry. I know that you are upset about this. But you need to listen. Do exactly what you did in the other timeline. Walk exactly the way you did, talk, look, do everything you did last time. If you change anything in this timeline then who knows what you'll change." Dr. Wells said as I furrowed my brows.

Timeline? What did Barry do?

"But that means that Joe will get hurt. And a tsunami will-"

"Don't tell me anything! It could mess with the timeline. Now get back out there and don't say a word." Dr Wells said, cutting off Barry as I heard him sigh, nodding before exiting the treadmill room.

My hearing suddenly went back to normal, alarming me as I furrowed my brows. There's no way I'm a meta-human. Right? Of course not. I wasn't in Central City when the particle accelerator exploded. . . Was I? I mean, I was only a few miles away from the city.-

"I don't understand why I can't tell them I went back in time." I heard a voice say, causing me to look around rapidly. Everyone gave me a suspicious look before I looked at Barry.

"Is Cora okay? Well, she just woke up from a coma yesterday so maybe not. I need to talk to her."

Holy shit.

I waited until dr Wells left the room before I grabbed Barry, bringing him closer as I walked over to Caitlin and Cisco.

"Cisco. Think of a number between 1 and 3,000." I said, snapping my fingers as he frowned at me.

"O-Okay?" He said, clearing his throat as I practically glared at him.

"2,354. 16. 876. 2,967. 1,222." I said as Cisco increasingly became creeped out. I tilted my head towards Barry slightly, still not breaking eye contact with Cisco.

"Why are you thinking of Twilight but with cats instead of wolves?" I said with a frown as Cisco yelled, falling to the ground.

Everyone's eyes darted to me, wide as Cisco shot up.

"Okay. WHAT THE HELL?" Cisco yelled as I felt my heart racing.

"Guys. . . I think I'm a meta-human."

☀︎︎
So obviously Barry changed something! In the previous timeline, Cora did not wake up as a meta human. But since Barry went back in time, instead of Cora's feelings for Barry changing (because she's had them for a long time) her body changes and she is now a meta human capable of mind reading, super hearing, super healing, and sound waves (much like vibe but a little different, you'll see later)