36.

A/N:
I'm sure that some of you have heard the news that Karlie's pregnant...
Although the news is breaking my Kaylor heart, I've accepted it and I'm happy for her.

This chapter came early because of the news and I thought you guys deserved something.

P.S. please read the A/N at the end

Now on with the story...

X-X-X-X-X

The lack of air is what made them pull apart. Their ragged breathing was the only sound heard throughout the room, but to them, the only sound was their respective heartbeats pounding in their ears. Their eyes remained closed as their foreheads leaned against each other needing to be as close as possible.

Karlie smiled once her breathing returned to normal. She had just kissed Taylor; not the Taylor Swift that everyone knew, but the Taylor that she knew. She had kissed the Taylor that was goofy and shy. The Taylor that talked to her cat as if she were a person. The Taylor that had been broken by the words of strangers and the broken promises of past loves. The Taylor that called her mother and texted her mother every day. Karlie fell for the Taylor that was known by everyone and no one.

The singer slowly opened her expressive blue eyes to take in the sight before her. Karlie's lips were swollen and pulled into a smile. Her eyes remained closed hiding the many shades of green Taylor adored. Gently leaned her head up, the singer nudged her nose against Karlie's trying to capture her attention. It wasn't until she saw the model's eyes that Taylor let out a content breath of air; this was the happiest she had felt since Dianna.

"Wow," Karlie breathed out with a smile still dancing along her lips. Her heartbeat hadn't calmed down yet, but she didn't mind. It only reminded her of what had just happened.

"I hope that's a good wow," The blonde across from her let out in the same quiet tone Karlie had just used. The model let out a small laugh filling Taylor's ears with the melodic sound.

"It's the best wow. That was..." The taller girl started before she drifted off trying to find the right words to describe just how perfect it was. Unable to find the right words, Karlie reached for Taylor's hand before raising it to pace it over her rapidly beating heart.

"Karlie," The singer let out in a tone filled with nothing but adoration. With a smile, she reached for Karlie's hand to place it on her own heart that was beating just as fast, "That's what you do to me."

"It's what you do to me," Karlie added quietly.

The two sat in bed across from one another with their hands placed on their hearts and their foreheads pressed against each other. They focused on each other's calm breaths and the rapid beats of their hearts. They were connected in more ways than one and that was the greatest feeling for them. Green looked into blue expressing emotion in silence.

"I like you," Taylor whispered. It was as if the slightest sound could break the bubble around them.

"I like you too," The model let out just as quietly. A wide smile spread across Taylor's features before she leaned in to press her lips against Karlie's. Their hearts beat rapidly but they remained in sync with the other.

-------------

"Karls, I'm hungry," The singer whispered breaking the peaceful silence that had settled around them.

They had moved to lay down under the light blankets. The model laid with her back against the bed while Taylor laid with half her body on top of Karlie's. They were at peace inside the bubble they had created. The silence and warmth were calming and reassuring to the...friends that had just kissed several times.