5.

"Ready?" Ed asked her as her helped her load the guitars into the tour bus. Today was the day before the red tour started.

"As ready as I'll ever be," The blonde singer said with worry etched on her face. She should be excited to be on the road again. She should be excited to see her fans cheering and singing along to songs that meant so much to her, but she simply couldn't bring herself to excited.

"You'll do great, Tay. I'll be with you the whole time, so if you mess up at any time, I'll fill in with back-up vocals," He said making her crack a small smile. He had noticed how quiet she was and how on edge she looked, he wanted nothing more to see her smile again.

Lily had started coming by every day since she first saw the singer. Every day she would say or do something to make her smile. Over time, Taylor started smiling more, but she also started getting better at hiding her hurt and sadness.

"I'm sure the Swifties will love hearing your voice over mine every time I'm about to cry."

"Admit it Swift, they like me more than they like you," Taylor laughed quietly before stepping onto the bus. They would soon be on their way to Omaha, Nebraska for the first show of the tour.

"So, what are we going to do on the ride there?" Ed asked when he got in the bus.

"We? I don't know about you, but I'm going to sleep," Taylor sang in the tune of her song '22'. Ed laughed and waved her off while he went to the front of the bus and hung out with Taylor's security.

The singer made her way to the back of the tour bus that had a bed. She closed the curtain between the makeshift room and the rest of the tour bus, and got on the bed. She was so tired she didn't bother changing before going to bed.

----------------------

Six hours later, Taylor woke up to the feeling of someone falling on her bed. She turned her head to the side and found Ed looking up at the ceiling. She smiled and opened her mouth to ask what was wrong when he turned to look at her. His eyes were wide open but they looked scared.

"What's wrong?" She asked, propping herself up on her elbows.

"What if you never go back to the way you were? It'll all be her fault. What if all of us never go back to how we used to be?" He said. Ed's voice cracked towards the end but there were no signs of tears.

"We're gonna go back to that. I don't know how and I don't know when, but I know that we will get back to how everything used to be before she came along. I promise," Taylor didn't know what she was saying. She had no idea if they would ever go back to how they were before, but she knew that she was going to try everything to get back to her normal self. She needed too. Her friends needed her too and her family needed her too.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," She said nodding and reaching a hand out to lay on his shoulder, "For now, I think you should get some rest. You won't get much of that later on. We have a long night ahead of us."

Ed nodded and relaxed in his spot of the bed. Taylor laid back down and drifted off to sleep.

----------------------

"Ed? Come on, it's time to wake up. We're here," Taylor said as she shook the Brit's shoulder. He stirred for a while before he opened his eyes.

"We're here already?" He said sitting up on the bed and peeking out one of the windows off to the side. They had indeed arrived at the Century Link Center in Omaha. All they had to now was get through a few hours of sound check before they had to get ready for the concert that night.

"Come on, I'll race you to the stage," With that, Ed got up and darted towards the stage. They only had to get through a few hours of soundcheck before the first show of the red tour started.

Taylor was ecstatic, she couldn't wait to be on stage singing in front of all the people who had stuck by her for the longest time. She loved her fans. They were her longest relationship and they had always stuck up for her when they felt it was necessary. Her Swifties would stand by her forever and she was so thankful for them.

----------------------

The first show was over and now Taylor and Ed were in their dressing room catching a break. Taylor would have to go out and have a meet and greet with her fans before she could call it a night. She loved being able to meet her fans. She found that each one of them could connect to her lyrics and each one of them had different stories.

She wasn't going to lie, meeting her fans had distracted her from her previous worries. She could slowly feel herself going back to how she used to be before she met Dianna. She was ready to go back to how she was, but she knew that she couldn't. If she went back to how she was, when would she learn to not give her heart away so easily? Maybe she just had to begin again.