43.

Taylor groaned from her spot in the passenger's seat. After leaving the beach she had gotten a rush of inspiration for the next lyric to a song she had started writing ever since her night in New York with Karlie. She knew what she wanted to say but she couldn't find the right words to use. How do you describe something that you're afraid to admit?

"New song?" Karlie asked having not recognized the tune Taylor was humming. The singer nodded in confirmation, too focused to used words to answer. Karlie let a smile work its way onto her lips as she watched the older girl stuck in concentration before turning her attention back to the empty road. The model couldn't keep her eyes on the road, it seemed like every few minutes her attention was once again captured by the blonde.

"You ca- ugh- you can- dum dum du the wars," Taylor mumbled to herself following the tune she had thought of for the song.

The words came out jumbled and they were almost incoherent but they made sense to her. She let out a frustrated sigh before drawing a line through some words and scribbling new ones above them. Taylor hummed the tune once more before stopping and writing in the key in which the lyrics should be sung.

"Snow globe round and round. And da da dadum office downtown. Da du way home," The blonde hummed to herself before her eyes went wide. She scrambled to sit up in the leather seat as she scribbled down more words before stopping abruptly and smiling pleased at the words written on in the tattered journal.

"Did you finish it?" Karlie found herself asking out of pure curiosity. The state of focus the singer was in moments ago didn't fail to amaze the model behind the wheel. Taylor intertwined their fingers on the center console out of habit, before answering.

"Not even close," She answered truthfully as she traced random patterns on the model's hand eliciting a shy smile from her.

"Will I get to hear it when it's done?"

"Definitely," Taylor replied, although she hesitated for a moment before letting the word escape past her lips. The unnamed song was maybe the most personal song she had written to date. Of course, there were songs like 'white horse' and 'all too well' that were deeply personal to her, but this song was different. This song was being written due to a different reason than her previous songs; this song was being written because of Karlie.

'It's about you,' The singer added in her head.

-------------

"Karlie, pull over," The blonde let out just before they reached the city. Her voice was a strong contrast to the comfortable silence that had settled around them once again.

"What?" Karlie asked as she turned her head to face the blonde not having heard what she had said.

"Stop the car," She let out louder than the first time. This time the taller girl heard her clearly and complied by quickly pulling over to the side of the road before quickly hitting the brakes.

Once the car came to a complete stop, Karlie turned to face the singer only to find her with her head hung low. It was clear there was a battle going on behind those deep blue eyes. The model reached for her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze three times easing the singer's nerves.

"Stay with me," Taylor said quickly with her head still held low, avoiding meeting the brunette's gaze. Her cheeks were covered in a rosy blush, but that was a deep contrast to what was going on internally. Her heart was thumping wildly, it was shocking that Karlie wasn't able to hear it. Her lungs felt like they were tightening making it increasingly harder for her to inhale and exhale.

Finally looking up, Taylor noticed the look of confusion spread across the brunette's features. Realizing she hadn't given any context to her words, she quickly added more to her previous statement.

"When we get back to the city, I mean. Stay with me, even if it's just for another day. I...I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye yet," The singer said letting out the last part quieter than the rest. Her eyes flashed downward before up again to meet Karlie's once more.

The model flashed her a shy smile before placing a hand on her cheek brushing away a stray hair. Karlie's eyes locked onto the singer's easing the nerves that had resurfaced. Without a second thought, they both leaned closer until their lips met in the middle in a gentle manner. When they finally parted, Karlie leaned her forehead against Taylor's and met her eyes before speaking.

The moment held an intense serenity. Everything the model did was gentle; every touch, every look, every word. Yet, everything held such intensity that neither girl had experienced before. Every gentle word could wash away any and all doubt either of them possessed. Every silent touch held an infinite number of words. Every look conveyed emotion deeper than they had ever felt.

"Of course, I'll stay with you."

X-X-X-X-X-X
A/N
Important stuff: The next chapter will be a whirlwind and I think I might split it into two parts because I don't want it to be too long, unless you guys want a long chapter (let me know). Also, thanks to anyone who reads these things.

Anyways, comment and vote....please?