26.

It was Taylor's ringing phone that snapped them out of their daze. Karlie had to force herself to look away from Taylor's hypnotizing blue eyes.

The model forced herself the remove her arms from around Taylor's waist. Karlie forced herself to turn away from the singer. Taylor's gaze turned to the floor trying to avoid making any sort of contact with her friend.

"You-"

"I-" They both started at the same time. Karlie let out a nervous laugh before pointing toward the ringing phone. She could faintly read the caller ID. It was Taylor's publicist.

'Don't take it. Come back to me.'

"You should probably take that," Karlie said quickly. It was as if she was afraid she was going to say what she truly wanted.

"I...yeah I suppose I should," Taylor let out slowly as she glanced at the phone. She was hesitant to pick it up. She knew once she did, whatever had just happened with Karlie would truly be over.

'Don't take it. Go back to her,' The small voice in Taylor's head told her. It was what she truly desired.

"Maybe I could just let it ring," The singer boldly let out as she wrapped her arms around Karlie's neck, "Just for a few more seconds," she added.

"Just a few more seconds," Karlie repeated as she looked down at the girl. Everything she wanted was standing right in front of her. Everything she needed was standing right in front of her.

Neither girl dared to move. Neither dared to speak. They were equally afraid of ruining such a fragile moment. It was as if doing anything could bring them back to reality. Back to the realization that what they were doing was wrong. Wrong because Karlie was cheating.

'Is this cheating? I haven't done anything with Taylor to be considered cheating. Who are you kidding Kloss, you feel something for her that you shouldn't feel. Josh doesn't deserve this. He's done nothing but support you and help you. It was Josh,' The model thought to herself as she felt an endless amount of guilt begin to well up in her heart.

When she thought of Josh she should have felt loved and happy. Instead, Karlie felt nothing. Josh helped her through her breakup with Toni. He helped her advance in her career. Josh was who she hugged when she needed comfort. Josh was who she went to when she wanted to feel better. Josh was who she loved.

Josh was always there...until he wasn't. He was there until he had to work. What was supposed to be a few extra hours quickly became flying across the country without so much as a phone call.

Karlie didn't feel love when it came to Josh. The feeling that was once reserved for him quickly became the feeling that was reserved for Taylor. She knew she shouldn't feel that way but it was impossible. What Josh had broken, Taylor had fixed.

Taylor was there when Josh wasn't. Taylor is who she runs to when she needs cheering up. Taylor is who she calls when she's having a rough day at work. Taylor is who she curls up with to watch tv at night. Taylor is who she smiles for. Taylor is who she laughs for. Taylor is who she longs for. Taylor is who she wants. Taylor is who she needs. Taylor is who she loves.

'It's Taylor. Karlie, it's Taylor. It will always be Taylor. She's everything. She's Taylor. Taylor. Taylor. Taylor,' The model's mind was instantly filled with thoughts of the singer in front of her.

"Taylor..." Karlie quietly let out barely above a whisper. She didn't know what else to say. All she knew was Taylor's name.

Taylor swore time stopped. The world stopped spinning just for them. It was just the two of them. It was all Taylor knew. Karlie was all Taylor knew. Karlie was everything.

"Yeah?" The singer replied just as quietly.

"Let's get out of this town," Karlie said suddenly. It was an insane idea but it was what they both wanted; it was what they needed.

"What do you mean?" Taylor asked looking up into bright green eyes. She had never seen green eyes that looked like Karlie's; they were beyond compare.

"Drive out of the city. Away from the crowd. Let's go where no one can hurt us. Where no one can hurt you," Karlie said in a determined voice. It was what she wanted.

"Karlie you don't need to save me," The singer said looking down. She didn't want to be treated like she could break at any moment. At least not by Karlie.

"Then would you run away with me?" Karlie asked wanting nothing more than to go away with the blue-eyed singer looking up at her.

'No, it's dangerous Teffy. What if someone sees. What if someone follows you. This wouldn't be good press. Say no,' Her mind told her. Taylor knew this could end terribly. Taylor knew how bad it could get.

"Yes," Taylor answered despite what her mind told her; despite what she knew. She needed to stop being so cautious. She needed to take risks. Karlie was a risk; Karlie was a risk that she was willing to take.