Chapter EightTeen

Start from the beginning

"Cora I'm sorry if that scared you-"

"I said I'm fine, Barry. It just, caught me off guard." I said before looking around. "I think I'm just going to walk around star Labs. . . Haven't seen the whole place other than here." I continued, quickly making my way out of the Cortex.

I could feel Barry's eyes glued to my back as I walked out, but not before long I felt tired, so I chose to call it a night and head back home.

I could hear the faint talking of Barry saying something about possibly knowing the meta, and for some reason it scared me. Because if he knew the meta, that meant there was the possibility of the meta knowing who any of us were.

☀︎︎

Barry and I walked up to the yellow Humvee, which had a missing door on the drivers side.

"That particle accelerator is the gift that keeps on giving." Joe said as I nodded, rolling my eyes.

"Any ideas who he is?" I said, butting into the very short conversation Joe and Barry were having. Joe shrugged, gesturing over to Eddie.

"Eddie saw something he can't explain last night." Joe said as I looked over at Barry, forcing my eye to not twitch.

☀︎︎

"I had a childhood nemesis. Lexi La Roche. She used to put gum in my hair." Caitlin said as Cisco and I scoffed.

"Jake Puckett. If I didn't let him copy off my homework he'd give me a swirly." Cisco said as I laughed, rolling my eyes:

"Alexa Romano. She'd cut off tiny amounts of my hair in high school when I didn't let her cheat on our tests and then go say it was her hair I cut off." I said as Caitlins eyes widened.

"Alright. Cora's wins." Cisco said as Barry chuckled.

"Now that we have all established that we are Uber-nerds..." Barry started as I finished.

"What are we going to do about Tony?" With that Cisco smiled.

"Glad you asked."

☀︎︎

I ended up going to Jitter's after Barry ended up dislocating his shoulder trying to fight a metal robot Cisco created, my mind trailing back to when I first met Tony.

I had known Tony when he was at his worst, and I ended up helping him get back on his feet. He had gotten a decent job in Keystone, and then I moved back to Starling City, only to move here again a few years later.

I couldn't believe he went back to his old ways.

"Hey Cora." Iris said as she walked behind the counter, a smile on her face. "Same as always?" She said as I sighed.

"I'm feeling feisty today. Let's go with a French vanilla latte." I said with an unsure smile as Iris nodded, tapping away at the screen.

"$3.46" She said as I gave her the money. "I'll have it out as quickly as possible." She said before disappearing.

I tapped my fingers on the edge of the counter, looking around as I waited patiently.

The ding of the bell got my attention, my eyes widening as I saw Tony walk over to me. "Cora. Didn't expect to see you here. Thought you moved back to Starling?" He said, and to me it felt like the plan he had just did a whole 180.