As We Burst Into Colour We Turn Into Light (Lashton)

The first sip of whiskey burned Ashton's throat, but it was a pleasant feeling, he decided.

Luke seemed to have no trouble sucking it occasional sips, humming contently as he leaned his head into Ashton's shoulder.

The air was chilly, and Ashton briefly wondered if he was warming Luke or just making him cooler, but didn't bother moving.

He slipped his arm around Luke's waist, and buried his head into Luke's chest.

He could hear Luke's heartbeat, the wind against the waves, the rustling sand between their toes.

It was nice.

Luke cradled Ashton's back for a moment before he propped himself back on his elbow, gently kissing Ashton's tousled curls.

They lay in silence, enjoying the stars and streaks of gold painted across the sky.

It was peculiar how beautiful the world looked coming to its end.

Fire burned through the sky, igniting the amber in Ashton's eyes with such power that Luke lost himself for a minute.

Ashton's fingertips danced over his chest, as Ashton rolled to lay on top of him.

"I love you, do you know that"

"Love you more"

Luke mumbled softly in return, letting his stained fingernails tighten their grip around Ashton's waist.

While the stars burst above them, blanketing the earth in eternal sleep, Ashton found comfort in letting his eyes melt into Luke's, warm smiles playing on their lips.

The heart scorched them now, the sandy beach lit up in heated flames.

It was the last night they had.

The last moment they could spend.

So they kissed goodnight.

And never woke up again.