This Time I'm Ready To Run (Lashton)

"Oh...I thought I was alone up here"

Luke sucked in a breath as the door squeaked, thick metal sliding back into its frame.

"S'alright"

The boy on the ledge of the building mumbled softly, shuffling across the stone. Luke cleated his throat, long legs slotting over the ledge as he sat down beside the boy.

"Are you going to jump?"

The boy touched a fingernail against Luke's hand, before retracting it quickly. Luke chewed at his lip ring, gently picking up the boys hand.

It was swallowed by his entire sleeve and Luke inadvertently slid the cotton up, rubbing at the raised scars on the skin.

"Yes, I am"

Luke finally answered the boys question, before mumbling a small "how about you?"

The boy nodded silently, shifting ever so slightly on the ledge so his thigh touched Luke.

"I'm scared"

His eyes wouldn't meet Luke's, and his voice was muffled in the wind, but Luke heard it.

"Of the fall?"

The boy shrugged hesitantly.

"I guess. But I don't want to stay here either"

Luke quirked a small smile, holding the boys hand properly.

"Do you have a name?"

"Ashton"

"You don't have to be scared of the fall Ashton, I'll do it with you"

"Really?"

The boys eyes lit up with a faint dusting of gold, and Luke nodded in assurance.

"Of course, I'll hold your hand the entire way down"

Ashton giggled softly, clasping Luke's hand tightly.

"I'm not so scared anymore"

Luke hummed, kissing each of the boys knuckles, before pressing one to his cheek.

"Ready?"

"I'm ready"