Chapter 8-Epiphany

It was one week after your date with Spencer. Today was also Monday so you would be returning to work.

  You laid in bed remembering your date. You missed his presence, his touch. He had driven you home and you almost asked him to stay the night but you thought it was too much. Next time, you weren't hesitating.

  You called Clarke the next day and told her how amazing it was. She was so thrilled and told you she had to meet him. You thought now wasn't a good time since you had both been dating for only 1 week. It was decided to take it slow so you could hide it easier when work came around. Other than that there weren't any ground rules.

  You got ready for the day wearing a white blouse and beige cargo pants. You clipped the sun necklace on and waited. Spencer was going to pick you up and drive to work. Maybe now you could use that time to discuss your "situation".

  He came just before the clock struck 7am. You opened the back door of the car and threw your bag in and got into the passenger side. He greeted you with a "hey!" and kissed you. He handed you a coffee.

  You can already smell it. "My favorite." You say.

  "I know." He smiled and you lifted his chin and kissed him again. His breath smelled of coffee too.

  He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. You could never get over what he looked like when he drove. The way his hand gripped the steering wheel... The way he scrunched his nose before speaking...

  "Y/n..?" He was waving his right hand up and down in front of your face. "You were staring again." He laughed. You blush and look away muttering a "sorry." He smiled and looked back over. "It's fine y/n." And his hand moved to your thigh.

  It was like an electric shock traveled all throughout your leg. You almost spit out the coffee that was in your mouth. His large hand lightly gripped your thigh and started to draw circles. He never took his eyes off the road.

  He removed his hand when he pulled into the BAU parking lot. You already missed him even when he sat right next to you.

  As you exited the car he ran over to your side and grabbed your bag from the back of the car. He gave it to you with a smile.

  He knew exactly how you felt. How you felt with something as simple as his hand on your leg. His confidence was definitely growing.

  As you walked in you decided to have a quick chat. "So are we telling anyone? Like I get it we don't have to I mean I don't even know if we would-" He cut you off.

  "You're rambling." He smirked. You and him both had that in common.

  With so much knowledge stored in your brain you always wanted to spit out the whole thing instead of simplifying it.

  "I think we should wait to tell the team." He added. You nod your head in response. You weren't disappointed because that was what you thought of doing too.

  The elevator doors open and Penelope is already there waiting for your arrival.

  "Finally!" She gasped. "We have a case let's go!"

—————

  "This unsub shoots and kills any and everyone who has done him wrong. He believes he is in the right and the kills are justified. He trashed the men's bodies, placing them by garbage bins and places that were deemed as 'wasteful'. While with the women he showed a little more sympathy by burying their bodies near the kill sight. This man is armed and dangerous. If you are alone and you see him do not approach him. Call for backup and wait. Thank you." Hotch concludes.