Chapter 31-Adjustments

In 3 days you were able to go home. You went home to your apartment and found that the nursery had been complete. There was a note on the counter.

We designed it based off your old schematics and diagrams but added our fun little twists to make it more homey.
Love Pen <3

You smiled and showed Spencer the note.

You walked into the nursery and it was painted a light sky blue. There was a little bookcase in the back left corner filled with baby books and a white rocking chair sat on top of a rug as well. It faced diagonally towards the door. A small nightstand was on the other side of the chair with a lamp. A small crib was straight left and to the right next to the door was the changing station. Next to that was a small love seat. You smiled and Spencer pulled you closer, taking in the newly built room.

"Our team really knows us."

"Yeah, they do."

The first night was hard. Aydin wasn't used to anything and he cried every hour. He woke you both up at 1am after several other times.

"I got it." You rolled out of bed and drug your feet to the nursery. He wailed and kicked about. You picked him up and shushed him, gently bouncing up and down. He wobbled in your grasp so when that didn't work, you held him to your shoulder and sat in the rocking chair. You pulled a blanket over yourself and held him under it, exposing his face. You rocked back and forth just looking into his eyes. You saw Spencer.

They finally closed. You couldn't look away from him. His small body was so precious and you loved everything about him. You took in every feature.

The exhaustion set in and you fell asleep in the chair.

Spencer woke up to no one next to him. He tried to reach for you but groaned when he couldn't find you. He shot up and walked through the house, dragging his hand against the wall while his other rubbed his eyes. He saw you in the nursery, asleep with Aydin in your arms under a blanket. He smiled.

Being a new parent was exhausting and you did the extra step of staying with him throughout the night. He knew you would be a good mom. He somewhat felt bad for sleeping in the warm bed when you had the hard wood chair so he let you sleep a little longer and made breakfast.

The smell of fresh bacon, toast, and coffee filled the air. He brought two plates into the nursery and set them on the nightstand. He lightly shook you.

"Come on, wake up. I made you some breakfast." His voice was soft and caring. You slowly opened your eyes and shifted in the chair. You looked down at Aydin, who was still fast asleep, then back at Spencer. He smiled.

"I must've fallen asleep here last night when he wouldn't go back to sleep." He took Aydin and gently set him in the crib. "I should probably-"

"He's fine y/n. Eat some food first at least." He motioned to the plate.

You both sat on the loveseat and ate breakfast. You watched Aydin's little chest fall and rise at a steady pace through the crib rails.

After eating you picked him up, he was now awake, and brought him to the chair. You breastfed him under the blanket and finished up when Spencer walked in. You put him back in the crib and went on throughout your day.

At night you both got ready for bed. You stole a pair of his boxers and an oversized sweater after your much needed shower. You walked out and he was on the bed propped against a pillow in a pajama shirt and pants. In his right hand was a book he was reading and in his left was Aydin. He was reading him to sleep. You laughed as you laid on your stomach and faced him.