Chapter 5-The Morning Chat

Garcia invited you and the girls to go to a cafe and chat. It was so sudden you almost didn't go but Emily convinced you. She even offered to drive so why not? What's the worst that could happen?

  She picked you up and together you drove to the cafe just 12 minutes away. The ride was awkwardly silent mixed with a few words exchanged. Something along the lines of "how you holding up?" Or anything related to the case you had last night. That was a popular topic of discussion.

  Garcia waved you both down when she heard the bell on the door cling. She led you to the corner booth where JJ was already seated. You got in, followed by Emily, and then Garcia.

  The conversation started out with how the case went but veered in the direction of significant others. You did not want to be in this one. Although, JJ and Emily had trapped you in. You couldn't escape so you stayed silent, drinking your coffee and nodding your head every so often hoping they wouldn't question you.

  You were wrong.

  "So y/n..?" Emily smiled. "Anyone you're interested in? Maybe on the team." She nudged your elbow.

  "No." That was too late of a response to not be put on their radar.

  "Oh my god you totally do!" JJ exclaimed. "Who is it?"

  "Yeah who?"

  You started to blush. This went from bad to worse. This felt like an interrogation and you didn't like it one bit. For starters you couldn't lie, they could practically sniff it out. You could make up some random guy but then when they asked questions you might stumble over your lies. Some random fact or new topic couldn't get you out of this one.

  "Okay fine, yes I do like someone okay? Happy?" You admitted.

  You took a big sip of coffee.

  They all looked at each other, mouths agape.

"It's Spencer isn't it!" Garcia squealed.

"What! No. We're just friends, that's all." They heard your voice change. Garcia noticed they went a little too far so she lightened the pressure by continuing on and saying,

  "Well if it isn't, it should be." She took a sip of her coffee.

  JJ and Emily both agreed.

  "Do you see the way he looks at you y/n?" You shook your head. "Oh come on! It's so obvious. You two geniuses are perfect for each other! I've never seen him so happy ever since you joined us."

  You sat back and pondered those words. Were they true? You couldn't lie, you did find him attractive and loved hanging out but anything more? There was no way. You felt he was way out of your league.

  "I don't see it." You finally say.

  Their faces slightly dropped. They all knew he liked you and they tried to get you to notice. As smart as you were, you could be pretty blindsided by the truth.

  After hours of talking you couldn't wait to get back home and just hide. Hide from these feelings you had or feelings you thought you had.

  You couldn't really tell anymore.