Chapter 3-Bonds

You called Clarke as you did your morning routine. You filled her in on everything that happened in the past 2 days.

  "Oh my god y/n! You slept over at his apartment?!" She was giddy and practically squealed that out.

  "Not like that Clarke." You laughed and continued to fold your clothes. Stopping for a brief moment to drink coffee, Clarke spoke again.

"Y/n, you should just ask him out." You almost choked on your coffee.

  "Clarke what?! No! He's just a friend." She sounded disappointed.

The way you described him to her after your first day, she knew you liked him, whether you thought you did or didn't.

You shake your head and read the clock.

"Listen I got to get to work in 20 minutes I'll call you again soon?"

"Yeah that'd be great. And y/n?"

   "Yeah?"

"We should hangout again." She sounded sad.

   "Yeah of course." You smiled and exchanged another goodbye before hanging up. With your schedule you couldn't give a proper estimate on when you were free. But you did miss her.

You got dressed and grabbed your packed go-bag right as the doorbell rang. You opened it and greeted Spencer. He was driving you to work because your car was still there.

You thanked him profusely as you entered the passenger seat. He said it was fine and he didn't mind driving you. Even if a song you loved was playing on the radio and you turned it up and started singing your heart out. He glanced over periodically and smiled each time. It was just last night you told him how much you loved singing and jamming out in the car. You didn't feel embarrassed at all around him.

When you got to the BAU you both exited the car and walked in. You told him bye and thanks again before heading to your desk. He left the elevator last and Derek stopped him before entering the glass doors. He pulled Spencer aside and began interrogating him.

  "Are you and y/n a thing pretty boy?" He asked with a slight grin.

"What no!" He blurted out. Maybe a little too fast. "We're just coworkers getting to know each other that's all."

"So her going over your place and driving her to work is as coworkers." He air-quoted the words as coworkers. Spencer hit him on the shoulder. He laughed and messed with his hair.

"Pretty boy has a pretty girl." He grinned.

   "No I don't." Spencer said as he walked away from the conversation.

-2 months later-

The BAU quickly became your new family, with the exception of Clarke. You still neglected telling the team the "real you" but other than that you all became really close. You along with Emily, JJ, and Garcia would occasionally have a girls night out at the bar after a case. That consisted of getting drunk, dancing, and singing karaoke. Your friendship with the boys grew and you accepted that Derek would call you Sunshine and now Girl Genius because he and the team found out about your iq.

Out of everyone, Spencer grew closest to you. You guys would always connect in a way and during cases you would talk over one another as you both spit out random facts that contributed to the cases. Each time you both smiled and tried to give the other the floor before someone else ended up taking over.

In those 2 months you talked with Clarke 3 times and hung out once like the old days. You two walked around town and both caught up on each other's lives. You revisited old places you would escape to and old cafes you would go to as teenagers. You ended the night walking the pier. It was chillier but it didn't bother either one of you. You walked arm in arm and laughed at men who came alone and tried pathetic attempts at hitting on both of you.

After hours of walking aimlessly, you both decided it was time to go. You drove your separate ways back home.

Your singing in the car would get interrupted by Hotch calling. You connected your phone to the car and tapped answer.

"I don't mean to intrude on your night but we have a case. Can you make it here in 15 minutes? The jet will be taking off."

You let out a big sigh. What a great way to end this fun night.

  "Yeah I'm on the road right now, I'll be there in 9." With that you hung up. Looking at the time you saw it was 12:38am and you sighed again. You gripped the steering wheel and did a u-turn.

You replayed the call in your head and realized he said they were taking the jet. An out of state case. Those always lasted longer, depending on how good the killer was that is. You hoped it wouldn't be longer than a week because that was all that had been packed in your go-bag.

You were the last one on and takeoff followed soon after. You found a seat next to JJ.

"Where were you y/n?" She asked as you buckled yourself in.

"Oh I just went out with a friend." You really didn't want to go into detail. A nap sounded nice considering you were all flying to Alaska for this case. Good thing you packed pants, sadly no sweatshirts. Only light jackets and blazers but you'd manage. You also couldn't forget your black FBI cuffed beanie.

She shook her head and returned to looking out the window while resting her head on a blanket.

You settled in for this almost 11 hour flight.

You quickly fell asleep and woke up around 7am. The light shone through the jets window. You were still on the plane with a good 4 hours to go. You got up and quietly made your way to the back of the plane where the coffee was. You tip toed past your sleeping team trying not to wake them.

Once you were up you, were up. No more falling back asleep.

You added the creamer to your coffee and began stirring. You turned around to see Spencer was up. You slightly jumped at his presence not hearing him wake up.

"Good morning y/n." He said as he grinned and started to make himself some coffee.

"How long were you up?" You whispered, sitting down on the couch. He soon followed you.

"Not that long. I woke up an hour or so before you."

"You never sleep do you Spence?" He smiled when you called him Spence again.

"No not really." He laughed.

You knew he liked Spence. He told you a month ago and ever since you two have been friends you called him that.

After finishing your coffee, you went back to your seat and resumed reading your book. Spencer went back to his chess. You finished The Last Rose Petal and like Spencer said, it was a good book. When you closed the book you couldn't stop smiling. It was exactly the way you wanted it to end. You looked over at Spencer and saw he was staring at you. He quickly looked away and back to playing his chess, trying to pretend you didn't catch him.

Clarke was right.

You were so falling for Spencer Reid.