Chapter 7-Date

You were still propped up against the door. You couldn't believe it was real.

Yeah you kissed first but he didn't pull away. He even went in for another small one.

You pulled out your phone and called Clarke. One hand was twirling your hair and the other held your phone. She picked up after the second ring.

You wasted no time. "He kissed me Clarke."

Clarke, already knowing who "he" was, laughed. "I told you you liked him! The way you described him the first day..." You laughed at that memory.

"He also asked me on a date." You added.

"Oh my god when?!" She was just as excited as you were, maybe even a little more.

"Tomorrow at 6pm."

"What are you doing?! It's midnight go get some sleep. Oh and when you get back, I want all the details." You promised her and she hung up.

You sat against the door for another few minutes before getting up and going to bed.

—————

Your alarm woke you up at 6am but you quickly turned it off, sleeping until 8. You were actually able to fall asleep.

You woke up again and made your coffee. Some toast and eggs joined you on the couch as you turned the tv on. You looked over to your right at the spot where he kissed you. You couldn't stop playing it in your head. You wished you kissed him sooner that's how good he was. Being the "nerdy" type you never thought he would be so good at kissing but then you looked at yourself. You weren't far off from him.

Then you thought about Dereks reaction. "Oh my god boy genius and girl genius!" He would move his finger going from you to him and back to you then back to him. The grin he would have on his face would be priceless.

Another thought hit you. Would we go public? Would he let it interfere his work and yours? Was there even a "we?" You didn't have a label.

It was just a date. Boyfriend and girlfriend? Friend and friend? A chat between two colleagues? Your phone dinged and snapped you out of your head. Sometimes you could be afraid of your own mind.

C: Sooo what are you wearing to the date?
You smiled at Clarke's curiosity.

I don't know yet to be honest. One of my dresses probably. He didn't really specify.

C: Ouu wear the dark gray backless dress! And those black heels!
Only Clarke would know what was in your wardrobe.

Okay Clarke I will. Now can you let me finish my toast? I'll fill you in later.

C: Ofc! Have fun y/n, you deserve it:)

It was normally Clarke who went out with men. You were the one supporting her and asking her for the details.

That's why she was so excited when you talked about Spencer that first day. It was only fair you tell her how it went.

You wasted time by cleaning your apartment, doing the dishes, and laundry. 6pm couldn't come any slower.

When 5 o'clock came around you decided to get ready. You laid your planned outfit on your bed and took a quick shower.

The dress fit you perfectly. The fabric hugged around your waist in and elegant yet sexy way. It also showed off your toned shoulders, you had the job to thank for that. In the bathroom, you curled your hair and applied mascara and light eyeshadow.