Chapter 2-Amends

You wake up the next day in a bed you didn't recognize. The clock to your right read 6:30am. Work today was to start at 9am.

You heard shuffling from the other side of the door. You opened the door slowly and rubbed your eyes. They were still heavy. You didn't get enough sleep last night and you had to ride this hangover.

"Good morning y/n!" Spencer's voice was cheery. It was way too early for someone to be so happy. Then, your memory came back.

You were at Spencer's apartment because he drove you home after the bar. He told you about how it wasn't safe. Wow, Spencer Reid actually cared for my safety? Stop it y/n! He's just a coworker worried about another colleague.

He was making breakfast. Eggs, toast, and bacon.

"Spence, you didn't have to let me stay over, sleep in your bed, and make me breakfast." He smiled when you called him Spence.

"Y/n it's fine. Go take a shower, I'll be done when you get out."

You left and went into his bathroom, taking off your dress and throwing it in the corner. You turned on the shower and got in. The warm water washed away the alcohol that remained from last night.

You turned off the water and realized you had no spare clothes. You wrapped your towel around your body and made your way into the bedroom about to ask Reid for some clothes.

You entered the room and saw an oversized sweater and a pair of boxers on the bed. Those weren't there when you woke up. At least you think they weren't. Last night was still a blur.

You shook your head and changed into the new clothes.

You walked out to the kitchen to thank him when you noticed he was burning the eggs.

"Oh my god Spence the eggs!" You ran over and immediately helped. You threw out the charred eggs and started to make new ones. He apologized profusely and you just laughed.

"With someone who has an iq of 187 you'd think he would be able to cook some eggs." You looked over at him and smiled.

"Yeah I guess I'm not that much of a cook." He nervously scratched the back of his head. You laughed again and resumed to the eggs.

Together you talked and ate over your new eggs, toast, bacon and coffee.

Before work started he offered to drive you home so you could pack your go-bag and get some new clothes. You grab your balled up dress and stuff it in the backseat of the car.
You gave him the directions to your apartment.

When he pulled into the lot you noticed your car was there. You didn't remember driving home... Then you remembered you gave your keys to Spencer. He noticed your confusion and began talking.

"I had Hotch come and take your car home last night. You really don't remember do you?" He laughed. Your fingers gripped on your nose in between your eyes.

"No I really don't."

You opened the car door and thanked him again, for everything. He said it was no worries and waited until he saw you enter the building before driving off.

You packed your go-bag and changed out of Spencer's clothes into your work clothes. A blazer, tank top, black jeans, and a belt.

You made it to work 6 minutes early. There wasn't a case today so paperwork was due. This was the not so fun part of the job. Being at a desk all day, sitting, and writing. That wasn't your thing. You liked the action, the chase, the mystery the job entailed.