Chapter 17-Aftermath

Spencer's phone buzzed and he groaned as he rolled over to shut it off. It was Hotch calling. He instantly shot up and answered. You turned over to face him.

"Alright Hotch, I will." When he noticed you were up he went in for a kiss. You pulled away. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What's wrong?"

"Spence you don't deserve me..."

"Y/n, not this again."

"Yes this again! Spencer, why do you want to stay with someone like me?" He scoffed.

"Because I love you! You think I'd let you cut yourself?" You started to cry at the thought of last night.

You tried to break it off with him, knowing this was something you did not want.

"Can you just please leave..."

He shook his head. "No, I'm not leaving unless you're coming with me." He demanded. You sat up.

"Screw you. You won't leave me alone because you know I'll kill myself."

He was taken aback.

"Fine y/n! You want to stay in bed all day, fine! But I'm telling Hotch." You knew your boss would find out anyway but it would be better if it came from you. You scoffed and turned away from him.

"The cold shoulder, really?" You didn't reply.

He nodded and stormed out of your apartment, slamming the already busted door. You jumped at the noise.

You felt awful. You just pushed away the only person in the world who could find a way to make you feel better, who did make you feel better. You looked down at his sweater you were wearing and clutched it, crying. You fell into the bed and held yourself. What the hell did you just do?

Spencer made it to the office and angrily threw his stuff at his work space. He slammed his hands on his desk and rubbed them through his messy hair. What the hell just happened? Derek grabbed his coffee and walked over.

"Woah woah pretty boy settle down. What's the problem?"

He looked over and Derek saw the flame in his eyes. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"I-I think me and y/n are over. She just kicked me out."

"It looks like you need this more." He handed him his coffee. He leaned against Spencer's desk. "Why would she do that? Is it because of the Clarke situation?" He hesitated to respond but he would've found out regardless.

"I broke her door down last night after she didn't answer my calls and I saw her in the bathroom..." He lost his words thinking back to what happened. "And she was holding a knife to her wrist." Dereks eyes widened. "She was going to kill herself Morgan. I talked her out of it and I slept over to make sure she was okay but she just-she just kicked me out. It was completely out of character." Derek gripped Spencer's shoulder.

"Maybe she just wanted to be alone. All of this could be emotional and traumatic for her."

"But I want to help her Morgan, I love her." His voice cracked. Morgan embraced him in a hug. Hotch stood on the catwalk. He heard everything.

He pulled Spencer into his office. "Is she still at her apartment?" He asked.

"Yeah she should be. I was just so mad I stormed out without looking back."

"You know she loves you." He looked up at his boss. "I shouldn't say much but the day she confided in me, she couldn't stop talking about you. Right now she just needs her space. You could maybe call her in a few hours." Spencer nodded. "Now, lets find her uncle." He nodded more confidently and ran to the round table.

Hotch updated the rest of the team, with the exception of you attempting. It was your choice to whether you would tell them or not.

4 hours later they narrowed the possible location your uncle could be hiding. It was well into the day and Spencer stepped away to try and call you. He dialed your number and it went to voicemail. He dialed again.

"This is agent y/n y/l/n. I'm currently unavai-" He hung up.

"Damnit!" He threw his work cell across the room.

"Hey calm down Reid." Spencer turned around to face Derek.

"She's not answering her phone! I know she's home I just-I want to hear her voice and know she's okay." Derek nodded.

"Okay, how about we go for a little drive?" Just like that, they were in an suv heading to your apartment.

They pulled into the parking lot and Spencer pointed out your car. The doors were still locked. They made their way to the third floor and when they reached your door it was slightly cracked. They glanced before pulling out their guns. Spencer went first.

He aimed the gun up into your dimly lit apartment. It was quiet. Derek searched the kitchen and Spencer went to your bedroom.
Nothing.

You were gone.

Without a trace.

Maybe you finally got away for good...