Chapter 24-Future

A year passed by since you buried Clarke. You found peace with her death and you could comfortably talk about her now. You sold your apartment as well and officially moved in with Spencer. You didn't want anything to do with that apartment anymore.

  You and the team grew closer. Your 26th birthday had also been in the mix of this last year. The previous year they celebrated and you got drinks. This year, the whole team surprised you at work.

The office was quieter than usual and Spencer covered your eyes and led you to the conference room. You thought it was silly but you played along.

  "Happy birthday!!" They yelled in unison. You opened your eyes and smiled. They had balloons, cake, and even streamers. Jack and Henry were also there. After Hotch saw your performance on the child abductor case he occasionally asked you to babysit for him. You loved to. Jack was a great kid and so was Henry. He knew how much you loved kids and you saw some in your future.

  "Aunty y/n here's our gift!" Jack would run up to you and hand you a small box. You ruffled his hair and unwrapped the box and opened it. There was a sheet of paper inside.

  "What could this be?" You questioned as you slowly opened the folded paper. "...Turn around?"

  You skeptically turned around.

  There Spencer was, on one knee. You dropped the box. Your hands covered your mouth and you started crying.

  "Y/n.." He began.

  "Before you my soul was a flower bud, afraid of the light. Now I open in your presence. You are my light. You are my warmth. I am only my true self with you. In this life, this kind of trust comes only once. Everything else before or after can only be an imitation of this. I love you. I love you always." You started to sob.
"Will you marry me?" You rapidly shook your head up and down.

  "Yes Spencer! A thousand times yes!" He smiled and stood up.

  He wrapped his arms around you and picked you up and spun you in a circle, kissing you the entire time. The whole team cheered and clapped in the background. He set you in the ground and pulled away. He smiled as he fit the ring on your finger. Perfect. You turned around to your team and Garcia was crying. You hugged her first.

  "I'm so happy for you y/n." You would learn that he asked Penelope what ring he should buy. He knew nothing about rings and she helped him pick out one you would like. You didn't like the ring, you loved it.

  It had 3 diamonds. He told you that it meant he'll be with you today, tomorrow, and forever.

  Even Hotch was crying. You hugged him and he told you he was proud of you. Morgan made his way to Spencer and opened his arms wide. He laughed and shook his head as he walked into Dereks big hug. He slapped his back.

  "I'm proud of you man."

—————

  Your relationship flourished in the next 4 months. So did your sex life. You both experimented around with new things and found some things you loved, others not quite as much.

  You planned to have the wedding at Rossi's mansion since he offered. It would also be a lot cheaper but money was something you never worried about. The wedding would have your team along with a few other family members, one of those being Spencer's mom. You met Diana 2 weeks into your engagement.

...

  You and Spencer flew to Vegas so you could meet his mom. She was doing good despite her condition and she was open to visitors. You walked into the building and you held onto his strong arm.