Chapter 4-Alaska

This case is based off the real Butcher Baker. It includes some accurate details of the actual case while some are made up.
——————

This unsub was nicknamed the "Butcher Baker." He would abduct, rape, and murder women in Anchorage, Alaska. You were notified after the 4th victim was found.
As soon as the jet landed you set out to the precinct.

Spencer was your partner most of the time as Hotch noticed how well you both worked together. Well... and because you were both the geniuses of the team.

You and Spencer stayed at the district trying to figure out how, why, and when the unsub was attacking. You both needed to go back and revisit the crime scene, which was deep into the woods.

You drove in the heated car and made your way to the taped off area.

The blazer you threw on helped you to an extent with the cold. As you walked up you started shivering and held your arms close to one another. You didn't want to make it obvious that you were so cold. Everyone around you lived here and they were used to the cold. You on the other hand, didn't even have time to pack any heavy clothing.

Without a second thought, Spencer took off his summer wool overcoat and wrapped it around your quivering body. It was warm and carried over his soft scent. You blushed and got a thank you out before the lead detective waved you over.

He pointed out the blood spatter on the ground and a trail that followed. The trail ended up going nowhere. It made fast and sudden turns and stopped against a tree where a small pool stained the snow and grass. You crouched down to observe the scene better.

"So he shoots them and then lets them run?" You cocked your head at the detective.

"Or he stabs them." Spencer suggested. He smiled and gave you the you should know this miss 174 iq. You shake your head and laugh.

"Yeah that suggests why there isn't one huge puddle of blood." You stand back up and walk back to the main spatter. That was weird. It just started in this one spot and the trail continued it to a tree almost a mile and a half away. They must of been transferred somehow.

You spent another hour at the scene and left to go back to the precinct. You added the possible m.o.'s and theories you and Spencer came up with.

The main one you had was he was bringing these women to the forest, stabbed them and let them run. You had no idea why these particular victims, how he got them there, and how many others there were.

Spencer leaned against the table looking at the board, flicking his pen up and down in between his fingers. He was thinking.

"Whatcha thinking?" You asked, setting down the file in front of you.

"What if this guy owns a cabin? Maybe he lives in the woods and is so familiar with them he knows what's there and the best place to dispose a body."

"Like a hunter maybe?" You added.

JJ and Derek walked in.

"So ME just confirmed the 4th victim died from blood loss. She was raped and then stabbed. Looking at her feet, they were dirty and had cuts and bruises all over them, like she was running." JJ explained.

"I like where you're thinking pretty boy." Derek chimed in.

"Let's call Garcia and tell her to start searching." You suggested.

You relayed your information to Garcia and she would call you back if anything came up. She ended off with her "of course my fine furry friends, anything you need." You smiled and she hung up.

Hotch, Emily and Rossi stormed in.

"There's another body."

—————

2 victims later, you had a general idea of this unsub.

You profiled him to be a experienced hunter with low self-esteem. He would have a history of being rejected by women and was compelled to keep souvenirs of his victims. In this case it was jewelry. Due to the low self-esteem he was believed to have a stutter.

News traveled fast and many reports and calls came in. All different people that were claiming they saw this man. They all lead nowhere.

A call came in on line 2 and Emily picked it up. She waved the team over and ended the call several minutes later.

"That was St. Elias Specialty Hospital." She began. "There's been another victim. She survived."

You and Spencer were ordered to go to the hospital by Hotch.

The girl was hooked up to machines and had wires protruding from her body. When she awoke 2 hours later, you entered first.

"I'm agent y/n y/l/n, I'm with the FBI." You say in a gentle voice, slowly showing her your badge. "This is Dr. Spencer Reid. We're here to help you. Can you tell us what happened?"

She would go on to explain what happened.

The unsub was Robert Hansen. She told you how he pulled a gun out on her and ordered her in the car. He brought her to a cabin and held her captive, torturing and raping her.

At this point in the story it was getting difficult for her to continue. You needed the information so you put a comforting hand on her shoulder. She choked back her sobs and continued. Spencer saw how gentle and understanding you were when talking with victims.

She was chained by her neck and held in his basement. During transport she saw an opening and ran. Never looking back. She made her way back to town and contacted police and wounded up in the hospital.

She was crying again.

"You did great alright?" You nod your head and she copies.

Before you left her boyfriend walked in and cried at the sight of her. They exchanged a hug and you turned the corner.

—————

You finally caught him.

He was caught hiding in his cellar. A search warrant uncovered the findings of the women's stolen jewelry. The murder weapons, a Ruger Mini-14 and a knife, were also found in the cabin. This man would bring women out into the forest and hunt them. He tried justifying his actions by blaming the women. He would eventually confess but a little part of you knew there were more victims out there than the ones that sat in the morgue.

On the plane ride home you snuggled into the warm blanket and fell asleep, worn out from this case. Spencer kept eyeing you from across the jet and eventually Derek walked over and sat in front of him.

They both started talking, inaudibly.