Chapter 14-Truth

You woke up in Spencer's arms. You felt him lightly breathing on your neck. He was still asleep.

  You look over at the clock and it was 10am. He must've called you both in already and went back to sleep. You tried to get up and he pulled you closer.

  He was up.

  "Good morning." His voice was still raspy so he wasn't up that long. You turned to face him.

  "Thank you Spence, for last night."

  "Anything for you." He lightly caressed your cheek and you smiled. He missed your smile. It was bright and contagious.

  "Okay, stay in bed and I'll be right back. I'm bringing breakfast to you."

  "Spence you don't have to-"

  "I don't, but I am." He hopped out of bed and went for the door.

  "Just don't make any eggs." You joked and he laughed. A part of you was back.

  You laid on your back and stared at the ceiling. You wanted to, you were, going to call Clarke. You didn't know what you were going to say so you tried to compose something, anything before Spencer walked back in.

  He made pancakes, bacon, and toast. He set everything on the bed and sat next to you. You both ate and talked.

  Eventually, work became a topic.

  "You're going to have to tell Hotch." Spencer told you.

  You took a bite of your toast. "I know... after the bar I just... I don't know if I can face them again."

  "They won't judge you y/n. We're all here to help you." You stayed silent and finished your toast.

  After breakfast he cleaned up and came back into the bedroom.

  "I guess I should call Clarke then." He sat next to you and rubbed your shoulder.

  "Hey, it'll be fine." He reassured. You shook your head and picked up your cell. He stood up and gave you the room. You dialed her number.

  She picked up on the second ring.

  "Hey y/n, how have you been?" Her voice was chirpy.

  "I'm getting there. What about you? Why are you in such a good mood?"

  "I've been talking with someone! We went on a couple dates and he's super sweet. Oh my god I never asked! How is it with you and Spencer? You guys do it yet?"

  You laugh. Typical Clarke.

  "Yeah, we did. Once actually."

  "Ohh was he good? I mean were you satisfied?"

  You explained almost everything that happened that night.

  "Wow, he's more than that 'sweet nerd' you told me about the first night."

  "Yeah. He's just a great guy." You smiled at the thought of him.

  You both caught up and talked about the men you were dating. After about an hour or so you hung up.

  It was nice to talk with her. You definitely needed that.

  Spencer walked in shortly after.

  "You're smiling, I assume it went well?"

  He asked sitting in front of you.

  "Yeah it was. Thanks for suggesting it." You kissed him. His hand rested on your leg. "We can stay home all day if you want. Watch movies."

  And that was all you did. You watched horror to comedy to even Disney movies. It was a nice way to get away from what happened at the bar but you knew you would have to face it tomorrow, with your boss.

  Today just distracted you and it really helped that Spencer was there with you.

  Around 11:30pm you both went to bed and slept. You dreaded the thought of going in to work tomorrow but you had to face your team some time. And maybe with a little luck, they'll understand.

—————

  The 6:00 alarm went off. It was an ear-splitting wail. It rose to peak and then ebbed and rose to a peak again, undulating like a wave and all the while ringing your brain out like a sponge. You groaned and slapped the snooze button. You shook a sleeping Spencer.

  "Come on get up sleepy." After a few shakes he smiled. "Oh my god you are up." You ruffled his hair. He greeted you with a kiss.

  You two got dressed and drove in to work. You stopped outside the doors and stood there for a second. He grabbed your hand.

  "Hey, it's okay. They're your family." He reminded.

  "You're right." You both walked in together.

  Hotch asked for you to go directly to his office when you came in for work. You felt eyes burning into your back and you lowered your head as you walked to his office.

  He closed the door and you sat down.

  "I'm assuming you know why I called you in here?" You nod. This was the first time you felt like you were on the other side of an interrogation table.

  "Why didn't you tell anyone about your past? We're here to help y/n."

  "Look I don't mean this in a harsh way but I don't want to be seen as the victim here. Plus it happened way back when and it doesn't matter anymore."

  "You're not the victim, you survived. If you need to talk there's plenty of people."

  There was a small pause.

  "There's a case today, are you ready?" You sat up.

  "As I'll ever be." He nodded and dismissed you.

  During the case everyone watched you carefully. They didn't mention the incident at the bar directly but they tried apologizing. You replied with a simple "thank you" and tried to work your way through the case.

  You felt like you owed them some sort of explanation so on the plane ride back home you gave a brief one. You apologized for the way you acted and explained a little about what happened. They were silent and listened. They were happy that you felt safe enough to confide in them, even if it wasn't the full truth.