Chapter 30-Pregnancy

New Years passed and you were 5 months pregnant. You all went to Rossi's mansion and partied. From a table, you saw Spencer over with Garcia, Jack, and Henry. He was showing them a magic trick. When he performed it their faces lit up and they all yelled in excitement. "Howw!" You smiled at them and you felt your bump. Your baby kicked lightly.

"He'll make an amazing dad." Hotch said. You didn't even hear him walk up.

"Yeah. He's always wanted kids, you know that?" He nodded his head.

"He was always good with them."

"Oh wow." You said feeling your bump again. "They're a kicker." He motioned his hand and you let him feel. He smiled when he felt your baby kick again.

"You'll be a great mom y/n."

Spencer walked over and Hotch went to Jack who tried to explain the trick Spencer did. He kissed you.

"Look, here." You grabbed his hand from off your leg and moved it to your bump. You held it there and patiently waited until yep, they kicked again. He opened his mouth.

"Wow they can really kick." He smiled.

"That's what I said." You laughed and he moved his hand to your face. You smiled just looking into each other's eyes.

After the ball dropped, you all yelled "Happy New Year!" and you two kissed. You went over and picked up Henry and Jack and hugged them tightly.

You all moved to the dance floor. The slow music filled the air. You all partnered up and slowly swayed to the music.

—————

You were in the lounge grabbing some water. As much as you wanted coffee you told yourself no. This pregnancy you took extra precautions to make sure your baby would be healthy. You stayed at the BAU since at any given moment you could give birth. You wanted that baby out of you. As much as you would love the kid you hated them being in your stomach any longer.

Some days they would roll around and press up against an organ, not fun, other days the back aches were the worst. The foot cramping wasn't as bad. Spencer would always rub your feet even when you didn't ask. You knew how he was with germs and all but maybe he grew out of it?

JJ walked in and before you could wave a hello you felt a pool of water. You looked down and JJ said, "Okay your water just broke." It was fast and as much as you thought you were ready, you weren't. You immediately went to grab something to help you stand up. The pain began. It was more intense than anything you ever imagined. Nothing could be more brutal, not whips or chains.

She grabbed onto you and started to walk you out. You groaned with every step.

  "No no I'm not ready." You panicked.

"Well this kid isn't waiting. Clear the way, our girls about to be a mom." JJ ordered. It hurt but you wanted to laugh. Derek walked up and grabbed your other arm for support.

"Someone call Reid!"

Just then, like he magically appeared out of thin air at the mention of his name, he turned the corner. He saw what was happening and instantly started to freak out along with you. With the help of 3 people you made your way outside and into the ambulance that was called. Spencer got in with you and held your hand. You breathed heavily and held tightly onto his hand. He tried to hide how tightly you squeezed but you could read him.

"Her contractions are 4 minutes apart, gradually getting faster." He told the paramedic. Of course he tracked them.

In the delivery room you lay in the bed with your legs up so they could examine you if needed. He still held onto your hand. Sweat poured from everyplace it could. You kept looking around for an escape from the pain but couldn't find one so you released it into his hand. You couldn't get an epidural and had to go natural.