Chapter 12-Past Life

This chapter explains the background of y/n. It mentions rape and a little drug use. You don't have to read this chapter if you aren't comfortable but it will help you understand more about y/n's past.
——————————————————

  You confessed everything to him. After all, he was the one person you could trust.

  You started off when you were 5.

  "Oh my god y/n! Look honey! She's outshining all the other kids in her class." Your dad walked over to your mother. He looked at the paper your teacher wrote about you. He didn't seem to care. "That's great." You heard him say. You were eavesdropping from the other room.

  You were so proud to be doing so well in school you showed your mom. She seemed proud of you at least...

  At this time you were in a class with a girl you just met, Clarke. You two talked everyday in class. You just clicked.

  It was a mistake the teacher put you two together because you both started to cause trouble. When you both landed in the office one day, your parents scolded you. Telling you that you were smarter than this. They took you out of that school and put you in some private rich girls school. You hated it.

  You still talked with Clarke in the years you were in the private school. You two talked everyday, whether it was calling or texting.  

  Around the time you turned 8 was when your mother started using drugs. Ever since she started you pushed her away. You didn't trust your father and your mother was just an addict who liked her pills more than her own kids. After that, your older brother, Josh, stepped up.

  He watched over you and made sure you got to school every morning. He was the only one you told about your uncle.

  When you were 10 he was 16. Your immediate family had a party of some sort for you. You couldn't remember why but it must of been something you did academically.

  Your uncle Mike told you he had a special surprise for you for your achievement. He took you to your parents room, which he knew had a lock, and when you asked what it was he told you he didn't have anything. He then proceeded to move towards you and undressed you. You would try and fight but he overpowered your little body. He covered your mouth and continued to penetrate you. He would curse under his breath and mutter how you deserved it because you were "too smart" so he treated you like any other women.

  Except you were just a child. A pure innocent soul.

  That was the day you lost your innocence.

  Your brother caught you crying in their room a little over an hour after it happened. You told him what your uncle did to you and he lost it. He stormed out of there, fists clenched, and left you calling his name.

  The next day he was in jail. He beat your uncle into a coma after hearing what he did. Your parents blamed you. It was always "your fault" that their precious son was put in jail despite what happened to you. After all, you were just a little girl who was too smart for your age.

  That was the night you ran away. You met with Clarke and just explored anywhere and everywhere. You didn't tell her what happened to you because she wouldn't of understood. You didn't tell anyone. The only person you did was in jail.

  5 years later when Josh was on parole, he was killed by a drunk driver. The last time you saw him was the night before he beat your uncle. You came back home and your parents scolded you. Telling you you weren't welcome and to leave. But the last thing they said hurt you the most. "You're not invited to the funeral." You stormed out.

  He was buried 3 days later.

  It ate you up. The fact that you couldn't go to your brothers funeral, the only person you could look up to was dead. You visited his grave every year on his birthday since you were the only one who remembered. You told him you were sorry and you missed him. You partially blamed yourself for his death.

Your parents kicked you out long before his death and you saved your money to get an apartment. Clarke moved in with you to help financially and you both went to high school and eventually college. This was around the time she gave you the necklace.

You graduated college with a PhD in criminal justice. You worked your way all the way to FBI and got accepted to the BAU. This was your new life.

  Your do-over.